Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W Revolver Holster Question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Modeler, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Hi all,

I will soon take possession of a S&W 65-3 with a 4" barrel. The model 65 is a stainless version of the Model 13, which is itself the .357 magnum version of the Model 10 K-Frame .38 special.

My question: Will any holster designed for a 4" K-Frame revolver fit this gun? I assume the frame is somewhat beefed up from the standard K-Frame to handle the larger .357 magnum cartridge, does that beefing up affect holster fit?

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

do it simple. take the gun in a have the holster fitted to the gun

3. Modeler

I e-mailed Galco yesterday, their response was that any of their holsters designed for a K-Frame (the specifically list the Model 10 and the Model 66) will fit my gun.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

It's the same gun. My wife has carried the 3 inch version for decades. With a 4 inch barrel you likely will want a belt slide non-IWB type, or a shoulder holster

5. Modeler

Thanks Blitz. I'm a fan of the Galco Combat Master, it worked well with my Glock 19.

6. SKIPPER99

SKIPPER99 Peck, Id Member

a k frame is a k frame is a k frame they are all the same with the only difference being barrel length

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Modeler

Thanks tits, it's remarkably uncommon nowadays. It's actually a Dave Ramsey quote, sort of a code that's only recognized by other Dave fans ;)