JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the official serial number is on the butt, they made millions of them so once they got past a certain number they started adding letters in front of the serial number. Yours sounds like its a 10-4, everytime they made a change to the design, they added to the dash number. Current models are probably -15 or even higher.

According to the"Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson":
Model 10's had a "C" prefix from1948 to 1967 and had a "D" prefix from1968 to 1977.
A D78xxx would have been built 1975 to 1976.
Hope that helps.
Tim

How can there still be a viable market for S&W classic model 10 revolvers? Blue carbon steel, fixed sights, skinny grips; just about every firearms company makes firearms that outclass this revolver in every way. Even S&W!

S&W shows a 4" model 10 revolver in their 2020 product catalogue.

How can there still be a viable market for S&W classic model 10 revolvers? Blue carbon steel, fixed sights, skinny grips; just about every firearms company makes firearms that outclass this revolver in every way. Even S&W!

S&W shows a 4" model 10 revolver in their 2020 product catalogue.

1. I like blue steel, especially on classics like the Model 10
2. I don't mind fixed sights and even prefer them on carry guns (not that I carry an M10)
3. Grips is an easy thing to fix.
4. I would much rather have an older S&W than anything they currently put out.
5. Model 10's are great guns to learn and train with a revolver for those of us that still make a point to do so at a reasonable price.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top