JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Used, obviously, S&W model 10-7 in 38spl

The gun was completely disassembled, inspected, cleaned and reblued. Has new Altamont walnut grips installed.

Only about a dozen rounds through it since the work.

Nice, classic pistol. Smooth trigger, locks up tight.

$400 (will come with speedloaders and holster)

Really looking to TRADE for:
357mag revolver DA or SA -- straight trade or I can add cash if you have something really nice. Prefer BBL under 6"
or
Full size DA .22lr revolver
or
something in 45acp? Commander/officer size 1911 or a SAR K2?

Could also go for a nice spotting scope

Maybe other stuff, if you like the gun go ahead and make any trade offer, who knows, I may go for it.

Located in Vancouver, can meet in PDX some days (If we trade, I can meet you in PDX but if you trade me a handgun we will have to meet in Vancouver for that part)

20200627_161301.jpg 20200627_161314.jpg 20200627_161327.jpg 20200627_161333.jpg 20200627_161348.jpg 20200627_161356.jpg 20200627_161450.jpg 20200627_161506.jpg 20200627_161552.jpg 20200627_161602.jpg 20200627_161617.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Yes.
It was chemically stripped of old bluing, some imperfections buffed out & Reblued using the 'rust bluing' process.

Done myself.

Its not common, but an excellent finish, Ive done it on several muzzleloaders and it holds up perfectly against BP corrosiveness. Should be bulletproof on this gun. Its not a coating like Dura or Cerakote but similar to the way traditional hot bluing works

Yes.
It was chemically stripped of old bluing, some imperfections buffed out & Reblued using the 'rust bluing' process.

Done myself.

Its not common, but an excellent finish, Ive done it on several muzzleloaders and it holds up perfectly against BP corrosiveness. Should be bulletproof on this gun. Its not a coating like Dura or Cerakote but similar to the way traditional hot bluing works

Wow, very nice work! Is "rust bluing" a cold bluing process? Can you point me to the product you used?
I may be in a position to make a trade offer in the near future, but my mother has also expressed interest. Would you be open to a cash purchase? If so, what would your asking price be? (Feel free to PM if you prefer).

Its a little of both.

once the metal has been cleaned, degreased, etc... you apply the solution to the metal and let it sit for a while (depends on temp & humidity)... once the surface has a uniform layer of rust over it, the part is them boiled in distilled water for a few minutes... after which the part turns black.

Remove it from the water and remove the black layer with steel wool.

Reapply the solution, and repeat until the color is acceptable (after boiling)

Rinse thouroughly and soak the parts in oil to stop the chemical reaction that causes the rust..... clean it up, reassemble.

This particular piece went through the process 8 times before the color was right.

The product was "Brownells Rust Bluing Solution"

Stripped and ready to go....
20200320_213343.jpg

First application.....
20200323_101239.jpg

Soaking in oil after final boiling...
20200326_153856.jpg

I keep coming back to this one and just have to restate that you've done an awesome job refinishing it.
Would you entertain cash offers for this one? If so, what would be your asking price? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

They have some informative YouTube videos showing how to use their product. I've considered it for a couple Model 10s that I own myself. One of em is from 1959 so it gets left alone, but the others are 80s/90s vintage soooo... maybe.

Nice job, OP.
Thanks

It does make a world of difference... the pictures do not so it justice.

While is looks nice, the finish is rock solid too

Great job. I like reworking these old classics myself. I want to let folks know how much fun shooting double action is. It is great training as a stepping stone for all handgun work. The ammo is very easy to reload as well. Fifty yard hits can be done.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.