JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Smith & Wesson posted this yesterday. Details at the link below.

M&P15-22 Consumer Safety Alert | Smith & Wesson

upload_2019-3-8_13-10-14.png

Information for the free bolt inspection gauge that can be ordered directly from S&W is in the rimfire Forum under the same topic

Threads merged by moderator. See post #2 above.

Last Edited:
The only problem we have had with our (2) rifles is the trigger pins walking out of one of the rifles. Antiwalk pins added. Several thousand rounds thru each and no problems whatsoever.

My son just put 1000 rounds through his yesterday (no issues) I ordered one of the gauges in his name so he can verify spec on the bolt. Thanks to the OP for the post!

I have two of the M&P 15-22's. I appreciate the heads up. I have not experienced any of the described isues but went ahead and placed my order for the gauge this morning. Better safe than sorry.

RaceFan,

Thank you for the heads up!

I've fired mine roughly 500/600 times without a single hiccup, but now...?

Who knows?

Plus, he liked mine so much, my BIL bought one and I'll inform him of this development.

Thanks again!!

Got my free bolt gauge from S&W today - about 14 days from order to receipt.

The ledge that the bolt gauge sits on is not large so it is a rather inexact science to put it in place and keep it level. Additionally, it appears that my gauge reads slightly high with the labeled/stamped side up and slightly less high on the non labeled side.

image.jpeg

Either way I guess I will be contacting S&W to see about sending them the bolt even though I have had no previous issues. frown.gif

Of course, had I only thought about it, I wouldn't have worried my club secretary. Y'see, EVERY single US-made firearm that comes over to Yoorup [and a couple of other countries that are not in Yoorup] are required to be subject to gun proof in the assorted national proof houses of the nations signed up to the CIP [Google CIP].

So every gun sold here will have been checked prior to, during and after proof firing. Hence, lack of concern about getting a gun that is not up to snough/snuff.

The USA, of course, does not have any kind of national gun proof facilities, although no doubt every gun made there is test-fired before it's shipped out. See, SAAMI is an association that just recommends certain standards and dimensions in the manufacture of firearms within the USA. It is not LAW, as our gun proof laws are LAW. Here in the CIP nations, gun proof is mandatory before sale and has been, in some cases, since the 16th century...

Got my free bolt gauge from S&W today - about 14 days from order to receipt.

The ledge that the bolt gauge sits on is not large so it is a rather inexact science to put it in place and keep it level. Additionally, it appears that my gauge reads slightly high with the labeled/stamped side up and slightly less high on the non labeled side.

View attachment 561473

Either way I guess I will be contacting S&W to see about sending them the bolt even though I have had no previous issues. View attachment 561474

Apparently if S&W can't machine a bolt correctly, how are we supposed to trust their accuracy of a bunch of stamped parts (gauges) to verify if the bolt is out of spec or not? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top