JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Totally forgot to check the mail earlier today so I just went out about an hour ago and found the gauge there waiting for me. lol

I checked both mine and my Daughter's 15-22 and they too are good to go. I was not expecting to
find an issue as they both are extremely reliable. It is nice to know that they are fine though...

Got my free bolt gauge from S&W today - about 14 days from order to receipt.

The ledge that the bolt gauge sits on is not large so it is a rather inexact science to put it in place and keep it level. Additionally, it appears that my gauge reads slightly high with the labeled/stamped side up and slightly less high on the non labeled side.

View attachment 561473

Either way I guess I will be contacting S&W to see about sending them the bolt even though I have had no previous issues. View attachment 561474
The notice says "Clean your bolt first". That one is looking fairly caked with filth and muck, haha. Sounds like the consensus is in the .037" range for the gauge thickness. My bolt recess measures.038" so I'm hoping it's in spec.

The notice says "Clean your bolt first". That one is looking fairly caked with filth and muck, haha. Sounds like the consensus is in the .037" range for the gauge thickness. My bolt recess measures.038" so I'm hoping it's in spec.

You are correct sir! The bolt recess was cleaned where the gauge is inserted. The rest is just well "loved." :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top