JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just pointing out that if the 2.0 full-size .45 was available then a 2.0 Compact .45 can't be far behind! Lol

Got it. Note, however, that in the 1.0 line there was a 4.5" 45, a 4" 45 with a full grip (awesome size btw), AND ALSO a 45 Compact. I love all the options and am just trying to figure out if they're going to do the same again in the 2.0 line.

Note too that it always seemed odd to me that they would offer both a 4.5" and 4.0" FULL SIZE gun. I can see offering a 4" and a 5", but 4.0/4.5 where the only difference is half an inch seemed odd to me...not that I don't like to have options. :)

I like shooting the .45 but I prefer the 9mm due to the lower cost. That said, I've always really liked how the M&P 45's (full size and compact) feel in my hand and on more than one occasion thought about buying both sizes and making a hybrid (4.5in slide on a compact frame). I would also kill for a full size (think Commander 1911 size) in the Shield line up!

Oh, and since we're talking sizes, I compared the 2.0 compact to my Shield and the grip length is identical when using the 8rd mag in the Shield. Hope the comparison helps some of you that may have been wondering.

I did it :D no tracking number/estimated time of arrival though.

I opted for the 9mm ambi safety model. I had a FS with the safety before and really liked the thumb shelf it provided. The holsters I made clicked the safety on automatically on holstering and I disengaged the safety immediately during the draw.

Had to stop in and fondle them today. The gun appears to be everything I wished for. The Tigard store even had an "extra" gun in their shipment that was as yet unclaimed. I ALMOST took it over the gun I ordered and am still waiting over but this is the first gun I ever bothered to pre-order and I wanted the exact gun I ordered - that being the one with the thumb safety - not the standard gun. Was told my gun should come soon - hoping it gets in before the 30th so I can take advantage of Smiths end of summer promo...

Well I'm up to 300rds and the slide not locking back on a empty mag has not happened
in the last 100+ or so rounds. I think I'm over the hump with regards to having any more issues.
Other than that, it has been flawless with 4 different brands of 115gr ammo with a mix of brass, aluminum, and steel.

Only other issue that I was having is that the back strap tool has a built in lanyard that was pinching the bottom edge of my hand. Highly annoying to say the least. I filled it in with some JB Weld plastic bonder and lightly sanded it. My handy work is not perfect, but it solved the problem!

I have yet to shoot it back to back with my 5in CORE, but after the initial 100rds to get acclimated to it, my shooting seems to be on par with the CORE. Very pleased! :)

Got my pistol today :D ordered Sunday, so they could not process the order till Monday, and here I have it in my hands Thursday. Way to go S&W for having guns actually shipping on announcement and not making us wait 3 to 12 months to get one!

d33Ngee.jpg

LGWn0nH.jpg

I could not for the life of me find the holster I made for my other m&p's - all I could find to fit in my mess of gear was my Bladetech Evo (I think that is the name) so I tried it out with the iwb clips and it is way more comfortable than my P220. But then the only IWB holster I have for the 220 is a K Rounds rig I bought to get by until I could make a better rig.

ds5381c.jpg

Not to advertise for local gun shops, do they support NWFA?, but a certain location with sites near Milwaukee and Tigard has a sale on this gun. Compact 2.0
Er, "special pricing"

And pre-orders on the Shield 2.0.

Man I want one. How do I justify it.....

Not to advertise for local gun shops, do they support NWFA?, but a certain location with sites near Milwaukee and Tigard has a sale on this gun. Compact 2.0
Er, "special pricing"

And pre-orders on the Shield 2.0.

Man I want one. How do I justify it.....
I seen that Shield 2.0 pre-order, but it's only for the 9 and .40... Should I hold my breath for the Shield 2.0 .45???

I seen that Shield 2.0 pre-order, but it's only for the 9 and .40... Should I hold my breath for the Shield 2.0 .45???

No need to - the biggest functional difference is the grip texture and the 2.0s take their texture from the .45 shield- the shields already have better triggers than original double stack guns. If you are jonesing for the .45 - I say get one. Shields are surprisingly good shooters for their size.

No need to - the biggest functional difference is the grip texture and the 2.0s take their texture from the .45 shield- the shields already have better triggers than original double stack guns. If you are jonesing for the .45 - I say get one. Shields are surprisingly good shooters for their size.
Already have one for the right hand, but the left hand is jealous and wants one too :D

The Shield .45 has become my EDC. Half the weight of a Combat Commander and just about the same capacity. Sure accurate enough for self defense work...

Since S&W granted my gunwish for this new compact, I wonder if they will grant my other wish for a 3.75 to 4" barreled shield with full grip instead if exteder... :D basically the single stack version if the new compact. In 9 and .45 flavors puhleeeeze.

I just got the new ported Performance Center Shield in .45. I don't go in for hyperbole but it's amazing. Trigger is excellent and the 7 round mag gives you a striker fired equivalent of a commander sized 1911. It's just an exceptionally ergonomic, light, and exquisitely engineered shooting machine. I got it with fiber optic instead of the available night sights but it's great with either one. Mine also does not have the safety that the 9mm Performance Center Shields had.

Well i'm Still having intermittent issues (more frequent now) with the slide failing to lock back after an empty mag. Going to try a couple more things but pretty sure it will need to go back to S&W. :(

On a positive note, it has been 100% reliable and I really like it a lot! :)

The shield 2.0 looks very tempting, but I think I'll pass on it for now though.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews