JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice! They'er really going after the G19 market.

And I wish they'd announce the overall plan for the line. Will they be releasing a 2.0 version that is comparable to the 1.0 Compact size or is this it? And they used to have a 45 1.0 that was G19 size. Is a 2.0 of that coming or are they not going to do that size any longer?

Looks like the gun will be 4 inch barrel, 15-round capacity in 9mm, just like the G19.

Ive always recognized the utility of the G19. Truth be told, I was never really crazy about it because of the way it felt in my hand. I thought maybe the Gen5 would alleviate some of that, but It didn't. I've never had issues with the G17, but its not as easy to carry.

I've been carrying a P229 and am happy with it other than the weight. The new 2.0 compact looks like it has G19 weight and capacity withbetter ergos.

Looks like the gun will be 4 inch barrel, 15-round capacity in 9mm, just like the G19.

Ive always recognized the utility of the G19. Truth be told, I was never really crazy about it because of the way it felt in my hand. I thought maybe the Gen5 would alleviate some of that, but It didn't. I've never had issues with the G17, but its not as easy to carry.

I've been carrying a P229 and am happy with it other than the weight. The new 2.0 compact looks like it has G19 weight and capacity withbetter ergos.

You are spot on!

If your looking for a lighter 229 Sig makes one. And at half the price it's a little easier to abuse. Shown with a 17 round mag. Good trigger and eats anything I've fed it.

Nice to see you giving the Sig some love. About time. :D

IMG_20161213_130732.jpg

For over a decade now I have been wishing, hoping, praying for an M&P 9mm the same size as a Glock 19 - the closest they had come was the compact .45. The gen 1 compacts were a weird half step between the g26 and 19 in size and capacity. And that damned pinky extender as part of the grip always bugged me.

I wrote them asking (maybe begging...) for a G19 sized m&p. Finally those prayers, wishes and lusts are being answered.

M&P®9 M2.0™ Compact Thumb Safety | Smith & Wesson

The gen 2 m&p compact is the 4 inch, 15+1 gun with a one piece grip. Only thing it lacks is the beavertail from the gen 1 full size guns - a feature I think I will miss.

The M&P has been my favorite pistol family for years and I have been holding off getting a new one hoping they would build this gun. Hopefully dealers will get them in soon. I would almost trade my left nut for one right now. :s0023::s0023::s0023::s0133::s0023::s0023::s0023:

IMG_2514.JPG Well I pre-ordered one with NW Armory last Monday afternoon and got a call Friday afternoon that it was in! Picked it up today and headed streight to Tri-County and put a hundred rounds through it.

No issues except a couple times the slide failed to lock back on a empty mag. I'm pretty sure that will correct itself with further break-in. So far, I'm a happy camper! :D

Last Edited:
For over a decade now I have been wishing, hoping, praying for an M&P 9mm the same size as a Glock 19 - the closest they had come was the compact .45. The gen 1 compacts were a weird half step between the g26 and 19 in size and capacity. And that damned pinky extender as part of the grip always bugged me.

I wrote them asking (maybe begging...) for a G19 sized m&p. Finally those prayers, wishes and lusts are being answered.

M&P®9 M2.0™ Compact Thumb Safety | Smith & Wesson

The gen 2 m&p compact is the 4 inch, 15+1 gun with a one piece grip. Only thing it lacks is the beavertail from the gen 1 full size guns - a feature I think I will miss.

The M&P has been my favorite pistol family for years and I have been holding off getting a new one hoping they would build this gun. Hopefully dealers will get them in soon. I would almost trade my left nut for one right now. :s0023::s0023::s0023::s0133::s0023::s0023::s0023:

NW Armory had all 4 models on display for demo. No need to drive all the way out there though when you could just check mine out. Lol

Going to head out again to Tri-County tommorrow morning and finish breaking it in, hopefully before the rain hits.

Well I pre-ordered one with NW Armory last Monday afternoon and got a call Friday afternoon that it was in! Picked it up today and headed streight to Tri-Couny and put a hundred rounds through it.

No issues except a couple time the slide failed to lock back on a empty mag. I'm pretty sure that will correct itself with further break-in. So far, I'm a happy camper! :D

Are you sure it was the gun? My grip from shooting 1911's has a tendency to cause my thumbs to contact the slide stop...which cause the slide to no lock back on the last round. I have fat thumbs. :rolleyes:

No, has never been a problem with my CORE. The slide stop is way too stiff, I can barely drop the slide with no mag in the gun using both of my thumbs! Lol

It appears that the slide stop lever(s) are ever so slightly smaller than the one's on a standard M&P, thus they do not protrude enough to get a good bite with your thumb while attempting to use them to drop the slide.

I'm a lefty, so I normally use the top side of my trigger finger to lock the slide open from the right side of the gun. The 2.0's complicate this for me because of the re-design of the slide stop to prevent auto charging when slamming a mag in on a mag change.

Last Edited:
No, has never been a problem with my CORE. The slide stop is way too stiff, I can barely drop the slide with no mag in the gun using both of my thumbs! Lol

It appears that the slide stop lever(s) are ever so slightly smaller than the one's on a standard M&P, thus they do not protrude enough to get a good bite with your thumb while attempting to use them to drop the slide.

I'm a lefty, so I normally use the top side of my trigger finger to work the slide stop from the right side of the gun. The 2.0's complicate this for me because of the re-design of the slide stop to prevent auto charging when slamming a mag in on a mag change.

I think that the M&P series requires a literal interpretation of the slide stop. Its nothing more than that and I'm not sure S&W would rather us not try to use it as a slide release. A few of my departments armorers have barked at us about releasing the slide with it.

Nice! They'er really going after the G19 market.

And I wish they'd announce the overall plan for the line. Will they be releasing a 2.0 version that is comparable to the 1.0 Compact size or is this it? And they used to have a 45 1.0 that was G19 size. Is a 2.0 of that coming or are they not going to do that size any longer?

S&W M&P45 2.0 :s0155:

Never had issues using the slide stop/release with my steong hand BUT left handed its not so good. I have a gripe about the whole slide stop vs release in that it should be functional and easy to use for releasing the slide one handed. Every Glock that comes through my door gets an oen extended part. Most other guns have a usable slide release out of the box.

Sig gets high praise in this department - at least the classics and thru the p250 - i have not played enough with a 320 to give a good opinion. My p220 and every other sig hammer fired gun i have ever owned had a really easy to use slide stop/release.

If the m&p 2.0s largest flaw is that the stop cannot be used as a release thats not so bad.

I think I am dropping preorder coin tonight for one...

According to the salesman, there should not be any issues with the current promotion going on till 9-30-2017

I tried to do it online and it said that my serial# was not in the system and if it was indeed correct, just mail it in and the will process it. Snail mail it is! Lol

Never had issues using the slide stop/release with my steong hand BUT left handed its not so good. I have a gripe about the whole slide stop vs release in that it should be functional and easy to use for releasing the slide one handed. Every Glock that comes through my door gets an oen extended part. Most other guns have a usable slide release out of the box.

Sig gets high praise in this department - at least the classics and thru the p250 - i have not played enough with a 320 to give a good opinion. My p220 and every other sig hammer fired gun i have ever owned had a really easy to use slide stop/release.

If the m&p 2.0s largest flaw is that the stop cannot be used as a release thats not so bad.

I think I am dropping preorder coin tonight for one...

Do it! Do it! Do it! :p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads