JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NEW S&W Bodyguard 380. What a horrid trigger, at least on the one I just bought. Seems VERY heavy. Also the blade size(width) of the trigger is narrow. Combine that with fairly severe arthritis in the first joint of my trigger finger and pretty much unshootable for me. Shot several clips over the past weekend and it took me 2 days to recover.

I also shot several other automatics during the same shooting trip...no problems, at least not with the guns. I have CHS though.

Anyone have hands-on experience with this pistol? Anything a gunsmith can do to lessen and smooth-out this pistol? We have a local gunsmith, Larry Conley, close by. He has done several 1911's and other for me but I don't want to even bother if there is no hope.

I ordered the kit last week on Thursday, it showed up Monday in the mail. I plan on installing it and testing tomorrow. Copysmall.jpg

Copysmall.jpg

I did the install of the trigger and bar Monday evening. It took all of 15 min to install very simple the video sure helps. I did not put in the spring yet as the sight has to be removed and do not have a pusher tool yet.
The travel reduction is about half with a very clean break. The trigger is wider and easier on the finger. I took it to the range yesterday and it is a completely new gun with the shorter travel and reset is much nicer.
Overall I like it and would recommend it as it is a great improvement.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top