JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My HK45c and P30s are both first generation and both run like I expect them to. Perfect. No malfunctions and no excuses.

THAT is why HK cost more and why it's worth every penny to me. HK dosn't have their customers doing the BETA testing they actually get the bugs worked out at the factory. And the QC seems to be better than most.

Ok I have seen several S&W auto's of recent and had issue's with these...Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, Sigma 9mm and a Walther P22. Two of the three have had jamming issues, mis-fed or just plain feeding issues. One of these had a safety issue of firing when the safety was switched off!!!!! :huh:

Al are NIB guns and not what the consumer needs or should be dealing with in a new gun.

My question is: Why is this occurring in these guns from S&W? Quality Control? Maybe S&W should focus on the everyday gun and not thier High end Military & Govt guns.

Be nice ...but lets hear both sides on this one.:s0131:

I can address the Quality control issue for you.
I worked as a QA inspector for a major industrial manufacter for 9 years. It all boils down to what the boss's want to focus on, engineering and testing.
For example: I would find an issue with the product and grade the problem from minor to severe. I would then report these issues daily to management who in turn would take corrective mesures. Time would come that management would give a pass to an issue if they felt the corrective action was not cost effective. We would document this in our own records and when these problems came back to us in warrenty service our back sides (us in QA) were covered. Still, that doesn't prevent managment from blaming us in the public eye. Also, engineering plays a part. No matter how much testing you do at the factory you will never find all the conditions or situations the customer will. Bottom line: if it can fail.....the customer will find it! All newer products have a couple years of teething pains.
Cost effective focus: money talks in most cases. Some company's like Ruger make an outstanding product at low costs but they have taken years (even decades) to develop that. Other companies haven't yet stream line a cost effective system. Also, when you have a top money product managments focus will be where the biggest profit is. Not to say that they don't care less about other product lines but more like less hands on control until a problem arises. I personaly like the Sigmas but I want to wait until she's stopped teething.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top