JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$300
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
9mm
City
Olympia
State
Washington
Zip Code
Single/Double action Smith and Wesson 915 for sale. The 915 was intended to be a budget duty gun, but was discontinued due to the California 10 round mag law in the 1990s. It is a remarkable gun and very resilient and forgiving if you are someone who doesn't clean/oil like you should. I don't have the case, but do have a lot of extras available. I've got two of these for sale as I've really loved the platform for EDC. I'm switching out now as I'm doing IDPA and the slide release is not ideal for left handers and the mag safety is tedious during the "show clear and holster" part of the competition. This one has a lot of holster wear and w/out the case, I'm pricing it accordingly.

Mag capacity is 10-17.
Included: 2 mags.

Also available (extra $50): extra mags, 2 mag holster, and some larger extended mags, which are fun, but not practical. Also a left hand holster is available as well.

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yes. As a LH I'd like to wage a protest against IDPA on how they set up shooting from cover to always be biased towards the RH shooters. If the RH guys had to twist like us lefties, I'd be 20 seconds up the ranks!.... oh well suck it up buttercup, it's just a match.

I was truly in love with the S&W 915 platform prior to competing. If I were RH, I'd keep it. I had this for my EDC for years and bought a second because they don't make them anymore. It's budget friendly and shoots nice. I like the heavier trigger pull on this for DA and newer conceal carriers will quickly get comfortable with carrying with one in the chamber and safety off... that trigger aint going anywhere if you've got a proper holster.

For competition, the unload and show clear part is tedious- and I have to keep an empty 4th mag in my pants pocket to finish the stage, but that's not the deal breaker since it's not on the clock... At some point I will be good enough where that extra half second of doing the slingshot to rack the slide (vs thumb release for RH guys) will matter so as a southpaw I'm going to probably land on the PX4 Storm compact which has a ambidextrous slide release.

I won't be sad if I have to keep these, but there's only so much room in the safe.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.