Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W 6906

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by coltlw, Oct 13, 2012.

1. coltlw

coltlw eugene, oregon New Member

I am considering the purchase of a S&W 9mm model 6906. Has anyone out there had any experience or an opinion with one of these ?

2. dusty

dusty Mountlake Terrace Active Member

My edc is a 6906, shot a few thousand through it with no problems...I ditched the stock plastic grips for hogue with fingergrooves ++ And they
    fit into 1911 or g19 holsters

3. coltlw

coltlw eugene, oregon New Member

Any problems with it shooting low of POA?

4. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I and my brother both own 6906s. They are very accurate and 100% reliable. These compact 9mm's seem to shoot better than the full size 5906 which I used to own one.
    I read something one time about these Smith autos that the compacts (6906) locked up better and were more accurate than the full size models (5906). I also own a single stack compact (3913) that is just as accurate and a good carry gun.

5. dusty

dusty Mountlake Terrace Active Member

Also have a 910, econo smith//...no probs with it either.....would like a 3913

6. johnnydwoods

johnnydwoods Beaverton, OR New Member

I have a 5906 and really like it. Great range gun, easy to shoot, has been perfectly reliable. I'm sure the 6906 is just as good being a 3rd gen S&W Auto.

7. markdadof2

markdadof2 Beaverton New Member

the 6906 was the first handgun I ever purchased (brand new), still have it and still love it. I agree with the hogue grips, makes a big difference. Very reliable gun and fun to shoot.