JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Going to be calling Ruger in the morning, but thought I would ask here. Has anyone had a problem with the barrel starting to rust ? My brother bought one new put it with his other guns and about 3 weeks later when he took it out the first 8 to 10 inches of the barrel was rusted up. Looks like it started under the finish. Just thought I would ask and see if anyone else has had this problem.:huh:

Guess the first question would be how did he have it stored? I've had a Ruger American for a few months now. I put a few rounds through it and stuck it in the safe. Pulled it out today and it looks like it did the day I bought it.

Had a friend buy a Ruger LC9 a few weeks back. When he got it home and took it out of the box the slide was rusting. Brand new right out of the box! He called Ruger and explained the situation, they sent him a new slide and a shipping label to return the rusty slide. No questions asked. Kinda makes me wonder if they are already aware of a bluing problem on their guns....

Anyhow they took care of the problem for him.

I have 40 yr old guns with factory blue and no rust. I'm looking at a Ruger for the wife to carry and now I'm bugged about these finish issues. Hope it's a storage issue and not a factory issue that we need finish dates to avoid.

He was storing the rifle along with others and none of them showed signs of rust. With that said I talked to Ruger this morning and they are going to send a shipping label and have him send it back. This minor set back does not change my mind about buying another one ( Ruger ) next year.

I will gladly buy Ruger over and over again. They have great customer service and they simply have the best guns for the least money. Anyone manufacturing products on that kind of scale will have problems on the way. How they deal with them is the key. If one were to not buy from a manufacturer based on something like this, they will not make a purchase because it can't be done. Ruger makes over 1,000,000 guns a year. 995-999,000 out of each million of them are perfect.

As I said I'm going to buy 2 guns within the next year. One will be a take down 10-22 the other will be a Ruger in 375. This is a minor problem they are taking care of and shows that they are willing to take care of any problem you might have.

Gun is on it's way to Ruger. We'll see where it goes from there. This is the first time I have seen a gun start rusting up just sitting in the closet. And yes the gun did have a light coat of oil on it.

Received the gun back Thursday. Two weeks from when I shipped the gun until I got it back. They refinished the barrel, no questions asked. Ruger is a good company to deal with, and they stand behind their products. I'll buy there products in the future.