JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 870 rust

20160919_232414.jpg 20160919_232354.jpg

To my eye it looks like the "typical" rust I saw on the 870 Express's when they came into the shop.

Looks like its where everyone grabs and carries the gun.
Finish wear then rust forms.
Clean , degrease , then wipe with silicone or grease with RIG.
That should do the trick.
Andy

To my eye it looks like the "typical" rust I saw on the 870 Express's when they came into the shop.

Looks like its where everyone grabs and carries the gun.
Finish wear then rust forms.
Clean , degrease , then wipe with silicone or grease with RIG.
That should do the trick.
Andy
Hey andy it dosent seem to be coming off

Super nice 870 is that like a tactical barrel ?

Thank you, but not exactly! It started out as an inexpensive 870 Express, with the cheap and UGLY, Birch stocks!
I added a set of Remington Marine stocks, from another member. A Choate magazine extension and brace/sling swivel.
Velsey, cut and crowned the 30" barrel and installed the rifle sights! It turned out quite nice! I like to say that it never failed me with sleet freezing on it, so I don't think it will in my front doorway! ;)

Last Edited:
I have an older 870 that came with rust already attached. I did my best to remove it, but it would come back. I finally made the decision to have it Cerakoted - I don't expect to see rust on that gun again.

Hard to say what to do , if it it still there.
Might try again with a bit more "elbow grease".
Or MAYBE with a LIGHT touch of really fine wet/dry sandpaper ... Be aware that , that WILL remove any finish and you will have to touch up and re-blue or re-finish.
I say again that if you use sandpaper the finish will be gone along with the rust and you will need to re-finish that area.
Not sure what to tell you , sorry.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews