JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 870 rust

20160919_232414.jpg 20160919_232354.jpg

To my eye it looks like the "typical" rust I saw on the 870 Express's when they came into the shop.

Looks like its where everyone grabs and carries the gun.
Finish wear then rust forms.
Clean , degrease , then wipe with silicone or grease with RIG.
That should do the trick.
Andy

To my eye it looks like the "typical" rust I saw on the 870 Express's when they came into the shop.

Looks like its where everyone grabs and carries the gun.
Finish wear then rust forms.
Clean , degrease , then wipe with silicone or grease with RIG.
That should do the trick.
Andy
Hey andy it dosent seem to be coming off

Super nice 870 is that like a tactical barrel ?

Thank you, but not exactly! It started out as an inexpensive 870 Express, with the cheap and UGLY, Birch stocks!
I added a set of Remington Marine stocks, from another member. A Choate magazine extension and brace/sling swivel.
Velsey, cut and crowned the 30" barrel and installed the rifle sights! It turned out quite nice! I like to say that it never failed me with sleet freezing on it, so I don't think it will in my front doorway! ;)

Last Edited:
I have an older 870 that came with rust already attached. I did my best to remove it, but it would come back. I finally made the decision to have it Cerakoted - I don't expect to see rust on that gun again.

Hard to say what to do , if it it still there.
Might try again with a bit more "elbow grease".
Or MAYBE with a LIGHT touch of really fine wet/dry sandpaper ... Be aware that , that WILL remove any finish and you will have to touch up and re-blue or re-finish.
I say again that if you use sandpaper the finish will be gone along with the rust and you will need to re-finish that area.
Not sure what to tell you , sorry.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews