JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Ok here is something you don't see everyday. As best I can tell this is a non-refurbished Tula SKS. It has all matching parts and there is no sign of this ever being refinished. In fact, it still has the yellow coating on the bayonet which is believed to a protectant that they left the factory with. I have scoured the SKS forums trying to get as much info and based on everything I can find, this is a pretty rare gun here in the US. I have been told similar condition guns go for $12-1800 if you can find the right collector. This gun is in very good condition with the exception of a small gouge on the left side of the stock. You can see it in the picture.

Based on all this I would be happy to get $800 for this Russian machine.

Also have a ton of 7.62 ammo and chicom chest rig if you are interested as well.

I will meet at a FFL in the PDX Area of your choice, or ship on your dime.

20210623_172131.jpg 20210623_172114.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I hate to be that guy here, it's a really nice rifle, but Russian SKSs are definitely not "rare" in the U.S. and whoever told you they were going for up to $1800 is smoking crack. But if you can get that much for it, hey more power to you. I support the free market. I would personally say your price of 800 for today's market seems to be on the higher end of the value ark for a Russian SKS. Not trying to bash your sale price at all, just trying to help inform.

Last Edited:
I hate to be that guy here, it's a really nice rifle, but Russian SKSs are definitely not "rare" in the U.S. and whoever told you they were going for up to $1800 is smoking crack. But if you can get that much for it, hey more power to you. I support the free market. I would personally say your price of 800 for today's market seems to be on the higher end of the value ark for a Russian SKS. Not trying to bash your sale price at all, just trying to help inform.
I appreciate your input however you are wrong. Non-Refurb Russian AK's are incredibly rare in the US.

You should really educate yourself on the subject before pooping in my thread.

I love the Russian ox dung dipped bayo color...
Yea its really interesting because no one knows exactly what it is. The SKS nerds all have varying theories whether it was something from the factory after production or if it was some sort of protectant applied before going into long term storage. At the time they were just starting to field the Type 1 and Type 2 AK's and pushing the SKS out to reserve and proxy units. Its possible this was never issued or issued and then returned to long term storage. Then add in that it never went through refurbishment meant it probably was not issued out or if it was, sat in storage instead of being used.

It was a legal import so it came over at least 30 years after it was produced. Would love to know the actual history behind this one.

As stated nice one bro.All the points that you covered are valid.Your price is in the correct range for this point in time. These sks like the one you are selling are a bit harder but not rare. Just Harder because of folks like me that don't sell the harder ones. lol
Times right now are strange. Sniffer Joe is a good salesman.GLWYS.

Last Edited:
Ok here is something you don't see everyday. As best I can tell this is a non-refurbished Tula SKS. It has all matching parts and there is no sign of this ever being refinished. In fact, it still has the yellow coating on the bayonet which is believed to a protectant that they left the factory with. I have scoured the SKS forums trying to get as much info and based on everything I can find, this is a pretty rare gun here in the US. I have been told similar condition guns go for $12-1800 if you can find the right collector. This gun is in very good condition with the exception of a small gouge on the left side of the stock. You can see it in the picture.

Based on all this I would be happy to get $800 for this Russian machine.

Also have a ton of 7.62 ammo and chicom chest rig if you are interested as well.

I will meet at a FFL in the PDX Area of your choice, or ship on your dime.

View attachment 979783 View attachment 979784

Nice sks ... but,
Numbers electro'd on buttplate, sight leaf, gas tube and long piston? Muzzle in white? Cartouches around cross-bolt and wrist clear and not shellacked over? No refurb marks anywhere? (Dust cover, stock)

However, $800 is a freaking great price!

Last Edited:

An orig '49 with orig blued spike bayo and hand cut numbers will fetch a heck of a lot more than a measly $1,800, young man.

Does this have the first gen straight pinned bolt and spring loaded firing pin?
I am not sure but can get pictures of whatever you like. There was like a list of 30 things to look for on the SKS forums to identify a refurb and I could not find one of those on here.

No Numbers on buttplate, but does have some Pitting from what looks like carbon steel plate that was blued.

Whole gun is deep blued doesn't look like it was refinished. There is blueing ware in parts but overall really good condition for a gun this old.

The entire muzzle is in the white and what I assume is chrome? There is no signs of refinishing or paint over the barrel or overlapping to muzzle.

On the left side there are cartouches next to crossbolt that look like a N or Z in a diamond. The Stock is a bit beat up so its hard to tell but no signs of sanding or refinishing. Cartouches look clean, however some are a bit worn.

The sight leaf is all blued and has matching SN under it.

Not sure about gas piston or tube, haven't taken it apart. Can if that will help.

Its a KBI import and you can see all the small proof stamps in the metal. There are also a bunch of other cartouches on the stock.

Nothing looks refinished at all. Dust Cover is in great shape with deep bluing that blends and matches with the receiver, so you can tell it "wore" together.

I know this gun is worth ALOT more than I am asking but since I am not an expert on the SKS and have not had a SKS expert verify it, I am selling it a bit cheaper, and considering what I paid for it, I will still be making a few hundred bucks.

If you could give any advice It would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure but can get pictures of whatever you like. There was like a list of 30 things to look for on the SKS forums to identify a refurb and I could not find one of those on here.

No Numbers on buttplate, but does have some Pitting from what looks like carbon steel plate that was blued.

Whole gun is deep blued doesn't look like it was refinished. There is blueing ware in parts but overall really good condition for a gun this old.

The entire muzzle is in the white and what I assume is chrome? There is no signs of refinishing or paint over the barrel or overlapping to muzzle.

On the left side there are cartouches next to crossbolt that look like a N or Z in a diamond. The Stock is a bit beat up so its hard to tell but no signs of sanding or refinishing. Cartouches look clean, however some are a bit worn.

The sight leaf is all blued and has matching SN under it.

Not sure about gas piston or tube, haven't taken it apart. Can if that will help.

Its a KBI import and you can see all the small proof stamps in the metal. There are also a bunch of other cartouches on the stock.

Nothing looks refinished at all. Dust Cover is in great shape with deep bluing that blends and matches with the receiver, so you can tell it "wore" together.

I know this gun is worth ALOT more than I am asking but since I am not an expert on the SKS and have not had a SKS expert verify it, I am selling it a bit cheaper, and considering what I paid for it, I will still be making a few hundred bucks.

If you could give any advice It would be greatly appreciated.

Nice.

There are probably 3 in existence that still have orig bluing on the buttplate. Maybe a few in Russian museums. Lol
The unfurbed ones usually still have the number etched into the buttplate. But more often it's just worn off.

You really need to pull the gas tube and piston off. You need to be certain what you've got with this rifle. Just remember there's a short piston in the sight block that's under spring tension. There's plenty of YouTube's that show how easy it is to almost completely strip down a sks. Takes about 5 minutes once you've done it a few. Just don't take apart the trigger block (really bad idea) or bayo spring assembly. However to get the cleaning god out you you need to unlatch the bayo and have it hang down halfway between stowed and deployed.

Did you check the bolt? Do you have a spring loaded firing pin or not?

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.