JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$395
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Ruger Standard Model .22 LR, serial 16-80386, luger design, brand new in box, perfect, 2 mags
Never fired, still in plastic
will meet at ffl, or can ship thru my ffl (you pay ffl and shipping)
Not interested in trades

IMG_3522.JPG IMG_3521.JPG IMG_3515.JPG IMG_3516.JPG IMG_3517.JPG IMG_3518.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
That is true. I believe it is the standard model not the mark 1. My grandfather collected firearms but did not fire them (in many cases). I am keeping some of course and letting some go. This is a nice pistol.
Paul

You and I are talking about two different things. Ruger 22 Semi-Automatic pistols have four series of pistols. They are the Mark 1, Mark II, Mark III and Mark IV. Each series has a Standard and Target Model and some others.
Yours is one of the Standard models in the Mark 1 Series. Standard models come in either a 4 3/4 inch barrel or a 6 7/8 inch barrel.
If yours were a Target Model it would be a Mark 1 Series Target model and come with a 5.5 inch Bull Barrel or a 6 7/8 inch Bull Barrel.

In the Manual the two pistols on the cover are Standard models. Look at the length of the barrels.

I hope this brings some clarity to this question.

Thanks for all the input everyone. After a conversation I had with username WAYNO of oregon city, I believe he has an excellent answer that clears up the mark1 VS Standard discussion that this is indeed a standard model. Please see below. Thanks username WAYNO !
Howdy.

I am a Ruger collector. MkI's and Standard Auto's are always a point of contention with us.

Originally, Ruger released the Standard Auto. Eventually they released a target model they called the Mark I. So, prior to the MkII's, we had the Standard Auto and the Mark I Target. They are not the same, even though they were made at the same time. A Standard model always has fixed sights and either a 4-3/4" or 6" tapered barrel. The Mark I always has adjustable sights and either a heavy tapered barrel or bull barrel, in barrel lengths 6-7/8", 5-1/4" and 5-1/2".

Then, when they changed to the Mark II's, they called both the Standard model and the Target Model Mark II's. Same with Mk III's and MK IV's.

647901-42e7d1440f73adf5cac7411a24b3e5a8.jpg

647902-a7dfeca0bb851fce7bf558261e8fe4d3.jpg

Folks don't like to be wrong, and they will argue this forever, saying it doesn't make any difference.

What happens, a person advertises a Mark I, and a person looking for a Mark I discovers it is not a Mark I but it is a Standard Auto that's advertised.

On Mark II and later, they are correctly described as a Mark II Standard, or a Mark II Target.

Never is there a Mark I Standard.

This information is taken from the Reference of Ruger Firearms by Chad Hiddleson. This book has been long considered as the go-to authority for Ruger Collectors.

Although... I can tell that will draw a discussion ... so let me just clarify, whatever you call it .... you know what your getting .... its the one with the fixed sites.

Thanks for all the input everyone. After a conversation I had with username WAYNO of oregon city, I believe he has an excellent answer that clears up the mark1 VS Standard discussion that this is indeed a standard model. Please see below. Thanks username WAYNO !
Howdy.

I am a Ruger collector. MkI's and Standard Auto's are always a point of contention with us.

Originally, Ruger released the Standard Auto. Eventually they released a target model they called the Mark I. So, prior to the MkII's, we had the Standard Auto and the Mark I Target. They are not the same, even though they were made at the same time. A Standard model always has fixed sights and either a 4-3/4" or 6" tapered barrel. The Mark I always has adjustable sights and either a heavy tapered barrel or bull barrel, in barrel lengths 6-7/8", 5-1/4" and 5-1/2".

Then, when they changed to the Mark II's, they called both the Standard model and the Target Model Mark II's. Same with Mk III's and MK IV's.

View attachment 698315

View attachment 698316

Folks don't like to be wrong, and they will argue this forever, saying it doesn't make any difference.

What happens, a person advertises a Mark I, and a person looking for a Mark I discovers it is not a Mark I but it is a Standard Auto that's advertised.

On Mark II and later, they are correctly described as a Mark II Standard, or a Mark II Target.

Never is there a Mark I Standard.

This information is taken from the Reference of Ruger Firearms by Chad Hiddleson. This book has been long considered as the go-to authority for Ruger Collectors.
Thank you!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.