JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm selling off some safe queens second on the list is my Ruger Single Six .22 cal revolver it's in good shape. I'm looking to get $DELETE. New Price $225.00

E532AA3D-BD9D-45D7-BD9E-8C425221FE91.jpeg

Last Edited:
.... not sure what your referring too.

The newer models have a transfer bar that slides up when you cock the gun, and allows the hammer to strike the firing pin. It drops back down when you release the trigger.
The older ones let the hammer rest directly on the firing pin much like the old colts and can be accidentally fired by striking the back of the hammer, such as when dropped. Ruger will add the transfer bar for free, and return the original parts so that it can be returned to original stock in the event it is intended to be a collector gun.
This is why Colts are carried with only 5 chambers loaded, and the hammer resting on the empty chamber, and is recommended on your 3 screw model for the same reason.
Hope this helps. Don't drop your price too much that's pretty reasonable.

Last Edited:
I copied his photo and opened it with Paint.Net, photo program where I was able to zoom in and see that it looks like its had some holster mileage, and some handling rash, but over all in pretty good condition, if there is a cylinder ring it doesn't show up very well, a little blue off at the muzzle, and front end of the cylinder and some of the anodizing off the grip / trigger frame which is aluminum. Over all I'd rate it a "Good" appearance wise.
A previous owner of my SS of about the same time frame polished all the anodizing off of it, actually looks pretty snazzy that way with the original walnut stocks, and the bright grip / trigger frame. Looks silver plated without the tarnish silver can get.
This one is my "keeper" I've sold or traded all the SS's over the years and kicked myself for every one, so this one is MINE!
The OP's pistol looks exactly like the one I shot myself in the leg with, and I'd love to have it, but that's not going to happen unless he gives it to me. Not likely.
Long story short Fast draw with poorly fitting holster front sight hung up, BANG, run to DR. Get the lead out. :eek: End of short version. LOL :rolleyes:
Gabby

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.