JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
got a new set of Hogue grips for my old Ruger Redhawk 5.5" bbl today
didn't want to wait till morning to test them
read on line about all the shooters who are intimated by the .44 Mag
don't get it - I find a Redhawk .44 Mag more controllable than a Ruger Service Six with full power .357
didn't even rune my night vision!!

got a new set of Hogue grips for my old Ruger Redhawk 5.5" bbl today
didn't want to wait till morning to test them
read on line about all the shooters who are intimated by the .44 Mag
don't get it - I find a Redhawk .44 Mag more controllable than a Ruger Service Six with full power .357
didn't even rune my night vision!!
I think mine has as 4" barrel but when it comes to being intimated that my son's .454 Casull Super Redhawk

Here's a photo of me night shooting not one, but two of my collection of S&W Model 29 revolvers.

In case you are wondering, the stainless 629 with the 8 3/8" bbl in on the right, and the blued snubby is on the left.
1648391592583.png
Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that just like all my other handguns that I actually kept after the ban, they have both also been deactivated. Five more, also Model 29s, are on the table in front of me...

...I know that's what the new ones are, but I somehow believed some very early. Redhawk 44's had slightly longer barrels. I could very well be wrong. I'll find out. It's still a wonderful shooter...😎
Nope...the Redhawk was introduced in 1980 with 5.5 and 7.5-inch barrel lengths, years later they came out the 4" (I had all 3), recently a 4.2" was put out to meet Canadian rules for minimum barrel length. The only thing "8" about a Redhawk is their 8 shot .357. They are great shooters.

what type of grips do you use on your Redhawks?
didn't like the factory grips
I had Pachmayr Presentation for years, but found them oversized for my hands
Hogue rubber model 86000 is what's on it now

My stainless steel ruler says my stainless steel barrel is exactly 7.5" long. You guys were right, I was mistaken, or confused, or just plain wrong.....;)

Thankfully, here in England Scotland and Wales the official measurement is taken from the very start of the barrel - inside the frame - or else I'd be in deep doo-doo. Being found in possession of any cartridge-firing 'kinda' handgun with a barrel shorter than 12" can land you in jail for many years...

what type of grips do you use on your Redhawks?
didn't like the factory grips
I had Pachmayr Presentation for years, but found them oversized for my hands
Hogue rubber model 86000 is what's on it now
I have a have a Redhawk I bought new in 1980. 7.5" barrel. It has the Pachmayer Presentation grip and a Leupold 2x silver scope.
I've tried other grips, but they seemed to narrow to soak up the recoil.
I shoot heavy reloads. 😏

I've shot enough with this new Hogue grip to like it over the large Presentation grip
the rubber absorbs the recoil quite well and the finger groves fit my hand
yes, the backstrap is exposed, but it doesn't sting, even in a bare hand, but I have work hardened palms
if I was going to fire a 50 rnd box of full power, I would still use a padded palm work glove

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top