JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I have been shooting this type of Ruger (MK 1,2 and3) about 20 years and I had to learn how to disassemble and clean the pistols. I have no special skills. They require a step by step disassembly. I learned how to do it and I don't even think about it any more. They have sold hundreds of thousands of these (millions ?) since 1949. There are easier guns to disassemble but the accuracy of the design makes it worth it to me. Apparently there are a lot of shooters who agree with me but Ruger has changed the takedown on the MK4 to make it simpler so they acknowledged that it could be better.
My attitude is that if I can do it, anybody can. :)

pretty gun" but i heard these marks are a real pain to takedown.

The MKII is dead simple once you see how it's done. When they first hit the manuals were VERY vague. Ruger kept getting them back in parts. They updated the manual to make it clear. Then the net came along and it's dead simple once you see it. The MKIII ads another step but some smart people found a simple fix for that now too.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.