JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target Model with 5.5" Bull barrel, and was wondering what the difference is between the Mark III and Mark II??

I have seen a couple of Mark II's for sale on this forum, but can't tell what the differences are??

Any opinions or knowledge??

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

MKII/45/MKIII/45 have a different grip position(same as a 1911) MKII/MKIII, also the MKIII are more lawerized and have more safties and a narrower grip otherwize pretty much the same. I love my MKII with the 5.5bbl.

I took the mag safety out, then the loaded chamber indicator. Many Mk II's have the mag release in the butt instead of where it belongs behind the trigger. I wouldn't tolerate that myself.

I don't see a stupid worthless key lock on Mk II's but that's something else on the Mk III I got rid of quick.

Other than that my Mk III is a great gun, extremely accurate, I cannot over emphasize that, and it shot very well right out of the box.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews