JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Takes a little time to get used to, but anyone can get used to it. I never thought I would get accurate with mine, but a couple hours of focused practice later I was golden. You just have to find a way to grip it that works for you and get some practice with the trigger.

That said, a larger pistol is more comfortable for me to shoot, but the LC9 is hard to beat for easy EDC.

Hidden LCP 2.JPG I love my LCP. I am never without it, and thats pricisely the beauty of it. It is small enough and light enough that you can always have it when you need it as opposed to the bigger heavier guns that can be awkward to carry. I carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis (front pocket). It's not a plinker, not designed for that. It's for up close personal defense. It's the most comfortable gun I have ever carried.

Hidden LCP 2.JPG

Back on topic to the LC9: It is light years ahead of the Kel-Tec PF9. I own a Kel-Tec PF9 with Crimson Trace grips (thanks to optiontrigger for the slick laser beamz) and it is a bear to shoot at 21 feet! If you shoot the KT PF9 and the LC9 back to back you'll find that the LC9 is much more refined than the KT. The PF9 can literally hurt to shoot and it is not a fun gun. I find the LC9 much more comfortable and it shoots much more accurately for me! The KT is still what rides in my pocket daily and I hope I can limit the pain with a modified Limbsaver or Hogue Handall to accept the Crimson Trace activation button.

Back off topic: the LCP's sights are worthless. Although it is easy to carry it is NOT easy to shoot. Because it is NOT easy to shoot it is difficult to become proficient with it, therefore it is a little better than nothing IMO since its hard to hit a target at 7yds with it. I will probably sell the LCP to fund an M&P shield in the distant future.

I found my LCP very easy to shoot. I have no problems hitting the target a 7 yards. I guess thats why they make chocolate and vanilla. If I want a long range handgun, I will use my Colt Python.

You're absolutely right about Chocolate and Vanilla. I can keep all hits within a torso silhouette at 7 yes but am unable to consistently put rounds in COM. It's a little easier with the CT grips on my Kel-Tec PF9. I think that the lcp is easier to control than the pf9. Maybe I should get some laser grips for the lcp? You got me thinking :)