JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought one of the first ones a few months back. No recalls as far as I know. It functioned great and was pretty accurate, but the trigger pull is about a mile too long for my taste. I am going to be looking at a Kahr CM9 pretty soon. I think it may be worth the extra few bucks over the Ruger.

I bought an LC9 a few months ago. It's the same size as my Kel-Tec PF-9 and is a LOT EASIER to shoot. The trigger pull is long but better than the KT, as the LC9 has a bunch more room in the trigger guard in case you want to wear gloves.

Thanks for the responses and input, it is what I am after. I dont have an LC9 yet. I was originally set on the PF9 but after reading several reviews I am a little more hesitant than before. I have had an LCP for about 9 months and carry it everyday as a backup. The addition of the LCP makes 2 .380s (my other is a Sig P230 SL). I have carried the Sig as my backup for 10 years until the LCP. I want the concealablility of the LCP but want something with a little better penetration for a back up (and the ammo is cheaper). At this point I am leaning toward the LC9 over the PF9. Is the information about the survey/updates posted somewhere?

Thanks again for the input and responses

Not that it isn't possible for tumbling of the bullets, but I've had targets on occasion that looked like my 9mms did some tumbling. Once was because of the target flapping around in the breeze. I was told another time that it was because of the cheap paper that the targets were made of. I was convinced to try another target and five minutes later, voila, round holes from then on.

Thanks for the info... I was shooting at a cardboard target and indoor so the wind and target movement was not a factor however I had not considered the irregularities in the corregation could have caused this. Now that I think about it, it could also be ammunition. Thanks again to all for the responses.

It's an ok gun, but it doesn't really excel at anything.

Too big for a pocket gun, and if you're going to carry on a belt why not just carry a compact gun like a Glock 19?

What are you suggesting is better for this?

Diamondback 9mm or Kahr CM9/PM9 would be the two comparably priced guns that I would choose for pocket carry.

Here are some pictures and dimensions that show the key differences in sizes.

The DB9 is the smallest by a hair over the PM9, but the width difference is huge. LC9 is bigger overall by quite a bit.

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

I love my Diamondback 9mm and carry it damn near every moment i'm awake, but the CM9/PM9 is a great gun too if you can deal with the extra width. I ended up selling my LC9 because I couldn't find a role for it in my gun collection.

How long have you had your DB9? I love my LCP for summer time pocket carry and have been carrying it as a backup at work. I wanted a sub comp 9mm to replace the LCP as a backup but hadnt really considered the Diamondback line due to some of the reviews and lack of time tested reputation. I do like the feel of the
DB .380 over the LCP though.

Picked it up June 24th, and have put 200-300 rounds through it so far.

I've also got a DB380 that would be my personal choice in .380 pocket guns because how it fits my hands. My original DB380 was a POS and went back to the factory twice on DB's dime, the last time I requested a new gun and got one. The new one is awesome.

Darnit, I read that LC9 above to be LCP. How do you feel the LCP stacks up?

BTW, nice write up here: Diamondback Firearms DB380 Semi-Auto .380 ACP Pocket Pistol

Thanks!!

I prefer the DB380 to the LCP based solely on ergonomics, the LCP wedge shaped grip feels like it's going to squirt out the top of my hands(and no I don't have big hands). Where the DB380 grip is very easy to hold onto while firing.

We should have a pocket gun get together at a range or rock pit so that people can fondle and fire them.:s0155:

Well... based on all the responses, the Kahr CM9 has seriously piqued my interest to the point it is the forerunner in my selection process. I am still battling with the idea of selling my Sig Sauer P230 SL to speed up the process but having a hard time with the idea of parting with it. It is such a high quality gun and sooooo accurate. Anyone else with info on the CM9? (to include local prices for portland metro area)