JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased the LC9 a couple months ago. Absolutely love it for an everday inside the pocket CCW. The trigger pull is longer than I like, but for a subcompact 9mm it fits the bill quite nicely. I would buy it all over again if I had the choice to do it over. Recoil is very manageable and the LC9 fits my hand much better than the Kahr or the smaller LCP. Just my .02

The safty is a deal killer for me and a lot of others.
And don't tel me to not use it if it bothers me. It's there, and could be engaged buy accident. To not train with it would be seting yourself up for an unplesant surprise.
Now I like the LCP. For some reason they didn't add the safety to the .380 design when they stole it from Kel-Tek.

I have now shot about 400 rds through it and I LOVE THIS GUN!

PROS: Very accurate, great sights (fully adjustable), smooth trigger pull; very easy to conceal with the Galco M7X holster I bought; recoil is less offensive than the LCP and other similar sub-compacts in .380 I have shot and finally... no external safety (but that is my personal preference), Great customer service. CONS: Long trigger pull (long but very manageable for quick succession); sharp edge on the slide at the front of the ejection port (but that fixes easily with a fine file), very stiff recoil spring made manually locking the slide back difficult until I got used to treating it like a gun and not a piece of china. And for the worst of it... The floor plate of the flush fit 6rd magazine slid roght off the bottom of the magazine while I was doing a tactical reload and pressing the bottom of the mag upward to seat it. The shooter next to me had my magazine spring hit him in the leg and all my rounds land on his feet. (ALWAYS CARRY A SPARE MAG NO MATTER WHAT GUN YOU CARRY!).

On another positive note, I immediately contacted the western region sales rep for Kahr via email, explaining the issue. He personally called me a few hours later and we discussed the problem. Of course I expressed my dissatisfaction with the design of that magazine. Ultimately I discovered that the floor plate on the standard included magazine in the CW9 fit the 6rd mag from the CM9. I contacted the rep again and he had two of those floor plates to me in a couple days, no cost. He repeatedly told me they would do what it took to make me happy. And I am thoroughly pleased with this gun. Overall rating in my book is a 9 out of 10.

I really like both the LC9 and the LCP. I find the biggest issue with carrying a gun to be its thickness and both of these are very thin.

The only gun I'm waiting to see to possibly replace an LC9 is the Sig P938 which is coming out soon.

I am a huge Sig Sauer fan and also have a Ruger LCP.. I really like the LCP for its designed purpose and carried it as a backup gun for about a year to replace my Sig 230 due to its weight. I only have one gun that I am not real happy with but I dont want to say which one it is.. Its a .22lr if that matters. I wasnt intending to bash the LCP. It is a great gun for concealed carry and the price. Probably wont ever get rid of it.

I traded my LC9 a while back. It was great as far as ease of carry and concealment, but thats where it ends for me. I couldn't get used to the DA trigger and never liked all the safety features. The sights are good and no FTF FTE after about 500+ rounds. I was very into the whole pocket pistol, single stack 9mm concept for a while but I feel you have to sacrifice to much ( bad triggers, lack of fire power, small sight radius etc) For me the perfect small gun is the G26/27 IMHO.

90% of the time, my carry gun is a G26. It fits my hand perfectly with the grip extension, and conceals easily in the small of my back in a High Noon IWB holster. If I need a "pocket gun", I carry an LCR .38+P in a pocket holster. I do not trust .380's, either from a stopping power or a reliability standpoint, and any sort of premium defense ammo is prohibitively expensive to extensively test for proper feeding. I can stick anything from a Glaser to a 158 gr +P HPwadcutter in my LCR and know that it will go bang when I pull the trigger...which also happens to be one of the best DAO triggers I have ever felt on a handgun.

Bought my wife an LC-9 last year. She's put over 600 rds through it, and like a shadow, it is constantly with her. I mounted a Crimson Trace laser-guard on it, just for extra peace of mind. Prior to this, she carried a Kimber Ultra CDP II, but she likes the LC-9 more, mainly due to size and weight.

As for the trigger, yes, it is a long action, but it is that way for a reason. And as for the safety, well, that's what training is for. Because we are both used to carrying 1911's, CZ's, etc. with a safety, it's really not an issue. But to each his own. Go with what works for you.

For me, I sold my S & W Bodyguard .38, and am waiting to pick up my own LC-9, especially for summer pocket carry. ;)

The safty is a deal killer for me and a lot of others.
And don't tel me to not use it if it bothers me. It's there, and could be engaged buy accident. To not train with it would be seting yourself up for an unplesant surprise.
Now I like the LCP. For some reason they didn't add the safety to the .380 design when they stole it from Kel-Tek.

both the safety and the mag safety are easy to remove on the lc9

Yep have to agree nice gun for the money. No issues with mine. The trigger does feel like a country mile before it breaks though,takes a little time to get used to. If you have large hands it might not be your cup of tea. Conceals pretty nice.