JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Condition is everything with a used gun. If you know the approximate round count, general condition, cylinder lock up, if it cycles well, what the turn line on the cylinder is like, those are good things to post. How do the barrel and crown look? The date of manufacture helps as well. Ruger puts huge "billboards" on the barrels with all the lawyer talk/disclaimer stuff and earlier models have less writing.

Posting pictures is a big help for determining condition/value.

BTW, I don't know if it's a typo, but it's a Ruger GP100.

Hope this helps and welcome to NWF. :s0155:

Condition is really good. Barely used idk the date of manufacture but I do have serial number if that helps Everything works perfect and if I know my grandpa it was not fired very many times but since he has passed on I don't have the actual details

Sent from my iPhone using

your GP100 is from 1988 and value does depend alot on condition.

do you have the original yellow box for it?

do you have the original cardboard outside box for it, called the shipper?

does it have the original grips for it?

what sites are on it?

Yes I meant GP-100. I am unsure of sights but i think it's all factory stock. No boxes that came with it. I don't have any really good pictures right now but I will try and get my dad to send them to me. I am looking to sell so that I can purchase a gun safe so I can move my guns to my house from my dads. This is just a gun I don't have any use for that is why I am wanting to sell. I have others that he left me that have more sentimental value than his home protection pistol. Like his hunting rifles. Thank you all for responding I hope I can get a price figured out and get it sold.

It's none of my business but if you can afford a house, you should be able to afford a safe in a little while. Again, I'd keep it and leave your guns at your Dad's for a while, save perhaps a carry/"house" gun, such as a GP-100.
No idea what that gun is worth. You could always see the ballpark that they are going for and one can always lower the price if it doesn't sell.. as with any/everything.
There's a handgun classifieds just below if you're dangling it for sale here.

If I remember correctly a brand new one was about $600 a couple of years ago. Seems to me they sell used for around $475-500.

It's not a needed gun I would prefer a glock 9 or 10mm for my carry/house gun and I can afford a gun safe I just rather not spend out of my savings account and get rid of things I don't need.

It's not a needed gun I would prefer a glock 9 or 10mm for my carry/house gun and I can afford a gun safe I just rather not spend out of my savings account and get rid of things I don't need.

Easy sell. They aren't that available at the shops or shows. And they sure don't last long if they come in.
I would say the $400-500 range stated above is correct. A new "SP" 101 in 22lr is around $600 so a new 357 "GP" would be well above that.
They don't book very good so don't trade it at a shop.

You sell or trade it on this forum and you should get fast results
Good luck

I'd keep it though

If I was an "Elk Killer", there'd be few handguns more practical than a stainless 4" GP-100, especially if it came from the Grandpa. Knock yourself out with your Glock or whatever same same.
Just throw it in the river as it is absolutely worthless.. lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads