JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Optics

• Pistol scope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rifle Scope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Dot

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
Two weekends ago I picked up a takedown version of the Charger and thought to myself that it would make a fun little toy. I've had enough enjoyment out of my Ruger MKIII 22/45 that's threaded but the magazine capacity on those can be a little lacking when you are plinking.

Purchased: Feb 3rd, as of the 16th I still haven't shot it.....

I mainly picked it up for shooting critters at the farm and the ability to use it with the suppressors I have was something that pushed me towards this particular variety. I also don't mind putting the rifle barrel from my normal takedown on it so I have a little extra velocity out of my pistol. (no, it's against the law to put the pistol barrel on the rifle variant...)

I currently have a Vortex Venom red dot on it that I stole from the 22/45 but am looking for other options optic wise. I've considered a fixed low power pistol scope or something lower power like a 2-7 Leupold VX-Freedom style I have on my rifle takedown. The downside is I don't see myself running the pistol out at extended eye relief lengths. I hope to find at some point a stabilizing brace setup that I like and that would give me more of typical optic eye relief distances.

This is a work in progress so excuse the bells and whistles that I have attached to it in this tacti-cool photo:
IMG_1510.jpeg

Give me some of your ideas and suggestions on reasonable routes too. I'd love to hear them. The responses to the poll have no bearing on what direction I will go, I do though want to get ideas from others who may have modified, lessons learned, pro's & cons and thoughts on setups.

I mounted a red dot on mine. I still need to get it out to the range and see if it will work for me or not. Mine also has the adapter and shockwave blade on it. Something you may want to consider?

A78D917D-9B3D-4053-BFDF-43940CFC19D1.jpeg

I mounted a red dot on mine. I still need to get it out to the range and see if it will work for me or not. Mine also has the adapter and shockwave blade on it. Something you may want to consider?

View attachment 548893
I'd like to in theory duplicate that right there, the adapters seem to be few and far between right now.

Edit:
Went ahead and ordered pieces to add a brace, so I'll see how it goes... that was the main thing I wanted to do sooner than later.

Last Edited:
Two weekends ago I picked up a takedown version of the Charger and thought to myself that it would make a fun little toy. I've had enough enjoyment out of my Ruger MKIII 22/45 that's threaded but the magazine capacity on those can be a little lacking when you are plinking.

Purchased: Feb 3rd, as of the 16th I still haven't shot it.....

I mainly picked it up for shooting critters at the farm and the ability to use it with the suppressors I have was something that pushed me towards this particular variety. I also don't mind putting the rifle barrel from my normal takedown on it so I have a little extra velocity out of my pistol. (no, it's against the law to put the pistol barrel on the rifle variant...)

I currently have a Vortex Venom red dot on it that I stole from the 22/45 but am looking for other options optic wise. I've considered a fixed low power pistol scope or something lower power like a 2-7 Leupold VX-Freedom style I have on my rifle takedown. The downside is I don't see myself running the pistol out at extended eye relief lengths. I hope to find at some point a stabilizing brace setup that I like and that would give me more of typical optic eye relief distances.

This is a work in progress so excuse the bells and whistles that I have attached to it in this tacti-cool photo:
View attachment 548888

Give me some of your ideas and suggestions on reasonable routes too. I'd love to hear them. The responses to the poll have no bearing on what direction I will go, I do though want to get ideas from others who may have modified, lessons learned, pro's & cons and thoughts on setups.

View attachment 548893

Nice work, you two!

I got one for my girls and put a inexpensive red dot from cabellas on it. Kids enjoy shooting it, I had a good time shooting it. Comes with bipod so youngins can have fun too from the bench. I would like to ad a brace to it as well. Can't go wrong with the Charger, great to introduce new shooter and cheap to practice with.

50 yards today with about 50 rounds using a 6MOA red dot.

I think this little thing needs a more precise optic.... it can do better than my initial thoughts.

C29E178A-EBD8-4994-9AC6-B7D866ECC87F.jpeg

All shots were through a suppressor.

Last Edited:
Did this guy for my vaperwear 22 can. Sold it to @MilitantBEEMER . Was just gonna run a red dot. Really light weight set up.
upload_2019-2-16_15-33-36.jpeg

Put this together with a virgin receiver. Almost sold it awhile back but the buyer backed out and I decided to add stuff to it and keep it. Also rocks a red dot.
upload_2019-2-16_15-35-39.jpeg

My Derlin adapter for the brace arrives the other day. It's so tempting to toss a brace from an AR on it but I can't to stay within legality...

Optics Planet just shipped my tube & brace. I wish the ones in the classifieds had been available before I ordered.

It's getting there....

This was my solution: the 3x mini ACOG. Got the sight in a trade and did not need it anywhere else. Makes a GREAT package. Seems like, if I can see it, I can hit it. Good luck on your build,

ezra image.jpeg

Thanks for the eye candy @ezra45 I was out with the Vortex Crossfire red dot Monday plinking away and once dialed in (without a brace) just using a bipod, I was plinking away at 200y in no time. Really is a nice compact package with how these are setup.

This is how it stands now.

I did though after this photo put the red dot on the riser that comes with it but I'm thinking after fondling it post riser, I may lower it back down again. Unsure still.

Looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Hopefully tomorrow @Baseacegoku can give some input too.

7238B50A-4610-43E4-95F5-F880565FF3AB.jpeg

Added the SB brace and SB tube at the end with the Derlin adapter from a company in WA.

I've debated getting one since they got released years back. Now,

Well, I guess I'm getting a Ruger Charger now!!
I really like what all of you have done to modify and upgrade them!!

This is how it stands now.

I did though after this photo put the red dot on the riser that comes with it but I'm thinking after fondling it post riser, I may lower it back down again. Unsure still.

Looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Hopefully tomorrow @Baseacegoku can give some input too.

View attachment 553429

Added the SB brace and SB tube at the end with the Derlin adapter from a company in WA.

Awwww yeah I'm looking forward to it.

My brace is the one from Copper Custom and the plastic piece on top of the stock comes off with a screw that goes through the frame into the pistol grip. Take OEM part off, put brace into dovetail, replace screw, done!

Regards,

ezra