JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It would appear as though I've worn out my first 22/45 upper. Looking for a replacement.

Perhaps you've upgraded to that new TacSol and would like to get some $$ for your old receiver?

Ideally threaded, with a rail on the top, but I'm open to options.

In the Oregon City area, I'll gladly handle the transfer fees.

It would appear as though I've worn out my first 22/45 upper. Looking for a replacement.

Perhaps you've upgraded to that new TacSol and would like to get some $$ for your old receiver?

Ideally threaded, with a rail on the top, but I'm open to options.

In the Oregon City area, I'll gladly handle the transfer fees.

Are you sure it's actually worn out? As in is there some kind of problem? I did not think it was possible to wear out one of these in a normal lifetime. Unless you are burning through a truckload of ammo a year?

Are you sure it's actually worn out? As in is there some kind of problem? I did not think it was possible to wear out one of these in a normal lifetime. Unless you are burning through a truckload of ammo a year?
The chamber near the extractor is worn to the point that the extractor is able to push in on the chamber, causing FTE. Bought it in 2011. I too was surprised, and may take it for a second (non-range) opinion, but I think I'm in the market for a new upper.

The chamber near the extractor is worn to the point that the extractor is able to push in on the chamber, causing FTE. Bought it in 2011. I too was surprised, and may take it for a second (non-range) opinion, but I think I'm in the market for a new upper.

Had to go open my MKIII to look. This does sound very odd. When you say range opinion I take it you mean someone at the range told you this was what's wrong? Not a Smith myself but looking at mine not sure how it could unless someone got in there and damaged it trying to do something else. If you find a another upper cheap enough to be worth swapping that would of course work. If not I would try to find a Smith to look at what they are telling you is chamber wear. Last time you took it apart did you make sure the Pin Block is still in there? I know if this gets lost the firing pin will peen the chamber and ruin the gun. Sounds like the damage here is in a different spot though. Even if you find another upper may be worth asking Ruger for an RMA to send it to them to look at. If they will send the return box could not hurt to have them look and give you a price to fix it. If they can fix it you may end up with 2 of these :)

Planned to call them tomorrow. Thanks for the advice though. Greatly appreciated.

Shopping around those darn VQ uppers look mighty sexy.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.