JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I own a number of firearms but have never owned on with a suppressor. I would like to know if the ruger 10/22 talo exclusive is already set up to attach a suppressor. The barrel is already threaded with a flash suppressor attached but have no clue as if I need any other accessories before I buy the suppressor. I know all about the tax stamp to the government before owning one. Just need to know about the thread accepting a suppressor. I live in Oregon where I can obtain one. Any thoughts on the best one to own?

When it comes to silencers you have to put in order the things you want;

Price
Size
Weight
Material
Mount style
Brand

If you are planning on using this on a pistol I would size and weight would be a big consideration for me. You need one with a small enough diameter that you can use your sights, this usually means 1" tube. Go to a couple of dealers and see what they have and give them a try.

I have the spectre ii and it works great on my 10/22, 22/45, and Sig mosquito.

It is dead quiet on the 10/22 with standard velocity and subsonic ammo. You can hear the bullet impact at 100 yards and hear the action. It's very quiet. On pistols it is quiet too...and nice cause pistols I can use any ammo (bill hi velocity) and its still dang quiet. Though I find the rifle to be quieter than the pistol.

It's light, pretty cheap (around 300 when I got mine...plus stamp) and well made. Also is small enough that you can use the stock sights

I'm gonna look into the Spectre II and also a can that I can attach to my 9mm.
I have the spectre ii and it works great on my 10/22, 22/45, and Sig mosquito.

It is dead quiet on the 10/22 with standard velocity and subsonic ammo. You can hear the bullet impact at 100 yards and hear the action. It's very quiet. On pistols it is quiet too...and nice cause pistols I can use any ammo (bill hi velocity) and its still dang quiet. Though I find the rifle to be quieter than the pistol.

It's light, pretty cheap (around 300 when I got mine...plus stamp) and well made. Also is small enough that you can use the stock sights

I'm gonna look into the Spectre II and also a can that I can attach to my 9mm.

For the 9mm can I recommend going with a 45 caliber can with adapters. Let's you use 1 can on pretty much every pistol caliber. I have the osprey45 and use it both on a 45 and a 9mm and enjoy it as well. Other companies make similar suppressor systems as well

I wan to be able to change it from my 10/22 to my walther p22. Any good suppressors you know of by chance. Been looking at the spectre II

I just payed for a Spectre II yesterday at the Albany gun show. I bought it from JC Weaponry for $50 less than MSRP. I hope I'll get it by next summer. I'm also waiting on a SS Sparrow that I sent in the paper work for back in February.

You'll need a thread adaptor for your P22. SWR/Silencerco sells one that engages the o-ring in the can to keep the threaded clean and the silencer firmly mounted.

You might be better off $ wise just buying a regular 10/22 then having the barrel threaded specifically for the SpectreII and/or the SS Sparrow. If you buy a ruger factory threaded 10/22, you'll probably have to buy spacers to get the can to seat properly.

I'm going to have Que thread my barrel https://sites.google.com/site/quesplace/que-barrel-work

The Sparrow is the best all around .22 suppressor - SO easy to disassemble.

An AAC Element II has two slight advantages.

1 - Smaller; same exact diameter as a .920 barrel so it looks super cool on a Ruger Mark or 10/22 with bull barrel; looks integrated.

2 - minimal first round pop as opposed to the Sparrow (which can be cured with a little water).

The negative on the AAC is that it requires a tool to disassemble.

Hey everyone. I talked with the guys at silencer shop and ended up going with the spectre II for my sig mosquito and my ruger 10/22. Any thoughts on the best suppressor for a glock 19 with a threaded barrel modification. What other good 9mm are out on the market that are reasonably priced that have threaded barrels or mods?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top