JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I selected the Hogue because it matches my Rem 700 VS stock for dimensions and length of pull

and the Kidd trigger is very close to the Rem target trigger from 1991

a nice practice rifle for the VS

.308 match gets expensive

View attachment 699975
Magpul does make a stock for that too, ergos are very similar to the 10/22 one.

The 10/22 is the most enjoyable rifle in my opinion.

Currently own 5 and have probably had at least a dozen over the years.

Honestly, I think I enjoy a 10/22 project over an AR15 project.

Latest was picked up from here for $100 and after adding a threaded barrel, it has become a fun little plinker.

I'll agree with others. The Magpul stock is better than the Hogue. This guy is gonna get a Magpul soon. I want the grey one, which is harder to find.

View attachment 699903

I do too! There are enough aftermarket parts for a 10/22 project available to satisfy most creative desires. Although the Lilja barrels are a bit pricey, I'd still like to do a 10/22 project with one of those as the main feature.

It is now finished. Got the new Vortex scope on Thursday.
Finished_ruger.jpeg

Boyd's has an adjustable LOP and cheek stock that looks nice. I imagine the weight is more than the Hogue or Magpul since it's laminated and metal adjusters. Looks like a nice bench rest option, if that's your use.

I had an old Boyd's Baracuda style but it just felt funky. I like more traditional stocks. The barracuda sure does free float the barrel, no doubt. I offed it and went with a Hogue overmold. It fits me nicely and the combo with the fluted Tac-Sol barrel is very light. No issues carrying it on long walks.

7F7299DC-A8EE-43B4-A30B-AF618C209F47.jpeg

Got the rifle back from Brimstone.
I had the Tier 2 trigger work, barrel install, and had them drop it in the stock for me. It's kinda weird as I'm usually a DIY guy.
I put the red dot on last night.
Hoping for a bit of dry weather today.

It's a light and quick moving rifle. I've never had a red dot before but can see this becoming a great little rifle for plinking around the campsite.
I have never ventured into the world of suppressors but have been mulling it over and might get one for this rifle.

20200530_194437.jpg

Got the rifle back from Brimstone.
I had the Tier 2 trigger work, barrel install, and had them drop it in the stock for me. It's kinda weird as I'm usually a DIY guy.
I put the red dot on last night.
Hoping for a bit of dry weather today.

It's a light and quick moving rifle. I've never had a red dot before but can see this becoming a great little rifle for plinking around the campsite.
I have never ventured into the world of suppressors but have been mulling it over and might get one for this rifle.

View attachment 704244
22lr suppressed is the most enjoyable thing in my opinion.

If you have a hand drill, you can buy a kit, file a form, wait about a month and have your own.

Or, there have been reasonable sales on some, as low as $300+stamp, but those wait times are 6-18 months!!

when I built my 10/22 for heavy sub sonic ammo with an 18" bbl and 1/9 twist, I found I hear a noise like a pump pellet rifle behind the rifle, but 100 yards down range, you can't hear the muzzle blast at all
because it's sub sonic, 1100 FPS, one does not hear the normal"CRACK" of a 22 LR

with my son's 22" barrel, you don't even hear the muzzle blast with subsonic ammo

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews