Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote

Ruger 10/22 rebuild

Reno

Reactions
I selected the Hogue because it matches my Rem 700 VS stock for dimensions and length of pull

and the Kidd trigger is very close to the Rem target trigger from 1991

a nice practice rifle for the VS

.308 match gets expensive

View attachment 699975
Magpul does make a stock for that too, ergos are very similar to the 10/22 one.

Reactions
The 10/22 is the most enjoyable rifle in my opinion.

Currently own 5 and have probably had at least a dozen over the years.

Honestly, I think I enjoy a 10/22 project over an AR15 project.

Latest was picked up from here for $100 and after adding a threaded barrel, it has become a fun little plinker.

I’ll agree with others. The Magpul stock is better than the Hogue. This guy is gonna get a Magpul soon. I want the grey one, which is harder to find.

View attachment 699903
I do too! There are enough aftermarket parts for a 10/22 project available to satisfy most creative desires. Although the Lilja barrels are a bit pricey, I'd still like to do a 10/22 project with one of those as the main feature.

huntpotter

Reactions
Boyd’s has an adjustable LOP and cheek stock that looks nice. I imagine the weight is more than the Hogue or Magpul since it’s laminated and metal adjusters. Looks like a nice bench rest option, if that’s your use.

I had an old Boyd’s Baracuda style but it just felt funky. I like more traditional stocks. The barracuda sure does free float the barrel, no doubt. I offed it and went with a Hogue overmold. It fits me nicely and the combo with the fluted Tac-Sol barrel is very light. No issues carrying it on long walks.

7F7299DC-A8EE-43B4-A30B-AF618C209F47.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is awesome. He's helped me with two Form 4 transfers so far. I live 45 minutes away and happily make the drive to support such a great vendor!
  • TJ Gun Sales
    2.00 star(s)
    My form 4 cleared on 04/10/2020 I had to fight tooth and nail for TJ's to find my tax stamp. There was never any urgency or concern in their...
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent service
  • 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
Top Bottom