JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As adults you will have your own opinions about the Supreme Court's ruling, but as educated adults you should observe and learn from the propaganda wars that will now follow.

Roe v. Wade made abortion legal across the country, but the Supreme Court's decision this morning did not make abortion illegal. In fact, that is the opposite of what they did. What they ruled is that (1) Roe v. Wade had no constitutional foundation (abortion rights are clearly not in the U.S. constitution), which means (2) the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling created "law" out of thin air, and (3) it is not the role of the Court to create law, but only to adjudicate laws passed by legislatures. In effect, the Supreme Court is emphasizing and supporting American democracy by referring a political decision back to the voters to decide. Roe v. Wade was court-created "law" and that has been deemed wrong, but the Supreme Court today did not make abortion illegal since that likewise would be court-created "law." Rather, all the Supreme Court did is say that abortion law must be borne of the American democratic process and be passed (or not) by legislatures voted into office by the people. That's it. To protest against that is to protest against democracy in America.

Since the federal legislative branch (Congress) has never approved abortion as a national right, that question currently stands before state legislatures. Congress can trump the states by passing federal legislation to make abortion legal across the land, but whether that will happen remains to be seen. Until it does, the issue is up to each state. That is in accordance with the Bill of Rights, specifically Amendment 10 to the constitution which reads, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Naturally, each state will decide differently.

This has firearms, so it should probably be allowed :)

Riots often do involve guns at some point.

We could also turn the discussion to what the constitution says about guns and rights related to those because if this most recent ruling states that there is nothing in the constitution that allows the federal government to regulate abortion, that seems like a very obvious slam dunk related to gun laws and their unconstitutionality as well.

The part that upsets me about this decision is that it might help fuel a get out the vote effort and possibly prevent the shellacking they had coming.
The repubs pushing this overturning of Roe vs Wade will end up losing a ton of the unaffiliated "On The Fence" voters. Plan for another dem in the Whitehouse 2024. I heard Texas is making all abortions illegal? WOOF.

Were doing the same thing in Oregon with the repubs that won't vote for Betsy Johnson because she WAS a dem. And she did some dem things. Start looking forward to the kotec.

Have to say I'm a little surprised (and more than a little disappointed) it hasn't happened yet

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.
You assume the left are the only fans of a woman's right to choose but that's not the case. A riot would do nothing, but I understand the anger and what this means for future reproductive/marital rights.

But yeah, this thread shouldn't exist on NWF in the first place.
:s0012:

# 7. Discussing staff issues in the open forum is prohibited

:s0108:
Some discussions are too much for some...
Censoring people that can discuss things rationally CANNOT BE ALLOWED.

Screw it - thread is dead already.
Go out with a bang.

full-fledged-brownshirts-1876988233.jpg

As adults you will have your own opinions about the Supreme Court's ruling, but as educated adults you should observe and learn from the propaganda wars that will now follow.
As it turns out (and maybe for the first time ever ;) ) I don't disagree with anything you wrote, but Rules Are Rules, and this topic is more than likely in violation of the rules

You assume the left are the only fans of a woman's right to choose but that's not the case. A riot would do nothing, but I understand the anger and what this means for future reproductive/marital rights.

But yeah, this thread shouldn't exist on NWF in the first place.
I'm all for abortions, I don't like kids and think most people are such crummy parents that they shouldn't have had them.

But I can't disregard how the left has held violent riots over the last few years and will seemingly do so at any "provocation".

Self defense is definitely on topic for NWFA. Knowing where and when planned riots are going to take place IMO is part of self defense since rule number 1 is don't go where you anticipate you need to defend yourself if it can at all be avoided.

Some discussions are too much for some...
Censoring people that can discuss things rationally CANNOT BE ALLOWED
You are free to discuss anything you want without censorship, what you are not free to do is mandate that others (in this case NWFA) allow you to do or say whatever you want.

Mods are probably napping right now or passed out.
Nope.

CLOSED. There is ZERO chance that a thread like this will end well or stay on topic. Discuss preps or whatever in appropriate threads, but the RvW overturn is not going to be discussed here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top