JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, before this goes any longer, and I'm accused of creating unnecessary drama, I will say this: chansaw's nose led him to the hottest trail to the gun, but then he broke off. Sheepdip's caliber trailing ability came near to treeing the quarry, but chose one a bit too small.

The gun: Marlin Model 62 (there was a blatant clue in the picture download title). The caliber: .256 Winchester Magnum.

These guns were only made from 1963 to 1969, and sold only in two calibers: The .256 Win Mag (A .357 necked to .25: sheepdip you were so close!) and .30 carbine. A factory proto type was made in .22 Jet.

The only other major factory production gun ever offered in .256 was the Ruger Hawkeye pistol. It appears to be a revolver, but is actually a swing-block single-shot. Winchester never chambered a gun for the cartridge they believed was so promising they gave it their name.

As for the 'chuck appearing to be largely intact, believe me: this is his good side presented to the camera. The .256 is rather devestating, and the "dark side of the moon" here is much less appropriate for a family-oriented website.

Thanks for playing. Wonderful parting gifts for each of you.

I am going to pack up my truck for a weekend trip this spring. I am luck I can sleep in the back of my truck. Have a bedrug with a couch that folds out and keep everything in front. Just like a hotel on wheels with cup holders and gun rack on ceiling. Awesome. Going to make a day of gray diggers than a day of coyote and half day of rest then drive back. I think right before turkey season. Can't wait.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews