JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
does anybody here still shoot rockchucks, used to be one of my favorite pastimes. lived in madras and rockchucks were plentiful. used to drive from rock pile to rock pile, shoot for a while and then move on. not as easy to do these days. the urban growth boundry has grown, no shooting inside the ugb. more and more people all the time. anybody around smith rock needing chucks thinned out? pm me.:s0155:

I am fortunate enough that my very best friend spent the very best years of his life teaching in Alaska so that he could buy a ranch in Eastern Oregon.

Pilgrimage each year to test out the newest (and oldest) guns.

What gun did I use to take this specimen? Extra points for caliber (that is appropriate for the quarry).

Dang! I lived there also for some of the best years of my life!
Had a cow setup on the north end of agency plains and ran cows right to the edge of the deschutes!
I was in rock chuck central and ample song dogs as well. Shot every day!

There is still a lot of public ground if one knows where to go and where the boundries run!

22-250 was my all time favorite but shot 17 rem, 222, 225win, 220 swift, 22 hornet as well.

Haven't been there in quite some time but there used to be some fairly good spots off the Prineville/Madras Hwy.

There still are a bunch of good spots around madras, rineville and west side of redmond. you just have to be willing to go ask the farmers and ranchers if u can shoot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top