JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, before this goes any longer, and I'm accused of creating unnecessary drama, I will say this: chansaw's nose led him to the hottest trail to the gun, but then he broke off. Sheepdip's caliber trailing ability came near to treeing the quarry, but chose one a bit too small.

The gun: Marlin Model 62 (there was a blatant clue in the picture download title). The caliber: .256 Winchester Magnum.

These guns were only made from 1963 to 1969, and sold only in two calibers: The .256 Win Mag (A .357 necked to .25: sheepdip you were so close!) and .30 carbine. A factory proto type was made in .22 Jet.

The only other major factory production gun ever offered in .256 was the Ruger Hawkeye pistol. It appears to be a revolver, but is actually a swing-block single-shot. Winchester never chambered a gun for the cartridge they believed was so promising they gave it their name.

As for the 'chuck appearing to be largely intact, believe me: this is his good side presented to the camera. The .256 is rather devestating, and the "dark side of the moon" here is much less appropriate for a family-oriented website.

Thanks for playing. Wonderful parting gifts for each of you.

I am going to pack up my truck for a weekend trip this spring. I am luck I can sleep in the back of my truck. Have a bedrug with a couch that folds out and keep everything in front. Just like a hotel on wheels with cup holders and gun rack on ceiling. Awesome. Going to make a day of gray diggers than a day of coyote and half day of rest then drive back. I think right before turkey season. Can't wait.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top