JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had one of those fun encounters with an anti gun person the other day when I went out to buy a Colt Gov. 22lr pistol. As i'm standing there waiting for my background check to go through I made the comment "I've been wanting to get one of these." The lady selling me the gun responds with how she feel's guns are useless and that she would just use a rock or machete for defense. (I forgot that large rocks and machetes are laying around in most parking lots and city streets). Not to mention toting either of those items around would draw attention, I wanted to say that I agree and that I carry 18 rocks around at all times. However my rocks travel at 1200+ fps... Her rock vs my Glock I'd say I win that battle. It's funny how people that despise guns end up selling them.

guns are noisey and draw attention when fired .. rocks are naturally quiet when thrown or used at close range." natural suppression". but range and accuracy are greatly diminished compared to a handgun. Heeee.( I got to much time on my hands this morning)

Maybe she had one of those dangerous assault rocks!
Assault-Rock-15.jpg

Assault-Rock-15.jpg

I can see it now as she's walking down the street with a machete on her back and "assault rock" in hand, when someone asks what are those for? She casually replies "just in case"....

What comes next may contain exaggeration, sarcasm, and a whole lot of make believe:

It's a cold dark night in a town like any other. Innocent civilians walk about on their normal routine, clueless of what horrors lurk in the shadows. There in the blackness, a very bad man with evil intentions waits, cautiously searching for his next victim. As he sizes up each passerby, a smile grows ever so slowly on his face as he fantasizes about what unthinkable acts he could do to each person. Then he sees her, the one he has been waiting for, his perfect mark. A homely looking woman strolls down the sidewalk humming a catchy tune she just heard from the department store she past. As she walks to the parking structure where she parked on the ground floor, she thinks of what she should make for dinner, unaware of the predator that is now following her.

The bad man begins to giggle to himself at how ignorant the woman is to his presence as they enter the dark parking structure. He examines the area to be sure there will be no witnesses to his crime. She is about a hundred feet away from her car when he decides to strike. She is taken by surprise as this strange man calls out to "hold up". As she turns to see who has called out to her, shes this dark figure appear from the shadows. He is a tall, muscular man and he his holding a gun in his right hand. "Don't move or you're dead" he says to her. Thinking to himself that he is going to have a good time with this one.

Little did he know, this seemingly helpless woman was not what she seemed. For she was armed with something much more dangerous than a gun. Just when he thought he had the upper-hand, that's when she reached into her pocket and pulled it out. It took him a second before he could identify what it was, she was now holding it in her right hand. An object so fierce and deadly, that it should be banned by every country in the world. "AN ASSAULT ROCK" he cried. Not any old assault rock, but a black tactical assault rock.

Unable to move, because he was terrified with fear. It seemed like slow motion as she brought her arm back and hurled the deathly assault rock at him. He fell backward as the rock stuck him square in the chest. The force of the impact was like that of Thor's hammer slamming into him. While on the ground, trying to catch his breath from the devastating blow he was just given, he looked up at the woman. She had changed, she was no longer the helpless girl he had thought, but now looked more like a vengeful Valkyrie. That's when she reached behind her back and with one swift move, she unsheathed her machete.

The light flickered off of the blade and it gave of a hallucinogenic shimmer that made the man think of the sword Excalibur. She pointed the machete at the man and said "Your gun is no match for my superior defensive weapons". The words hit him like a ton of bricks and just then he had an epiphany. He has been a bad man for too long and should make up for his sins. He begged the woman to let him live and promised to give up his bad ways. She agreed to let him go, then picked up her assault rock, and headed home.

On the drive home she thought about what just happened and her decision to carry a rock and machete instead of a gun. Who knows, if she would have had a gun, she may not have been able to defend herself.

The end.

I'm of the opinion that some people are placed in positions that are just bad for business, especially if they have no idea about gun saftey or important information about firearms.

What comes next may contain exaggeration, sarcasm, and a whole lot of make believe:

It's a cold dark night in a town like any other. Innocent civilians walk about on their normal routine, clueless of what horrors lurk in the shadows. There in the blackness, a very bad man with evil intentions waits, cautiously searching for his next victim. As he sizes up each passerby, a smile grows ever so slowly on his face as he fantasizes about what unthinkable acts he could do to each person. Then he sees her, the one he has been waiting for, his perfect mark. A homely looking woman strolls down the sidewalk humming a catchy tune she just heard from the department store she past. As she walks to the parking structure where she parked on the ground floor, she thinks of what she should make for dinner, unaware of the predator that is now following her.

The bad man begins to giggle to himself at how ignorant the woman is to his presence as they enter the dark parking structure. He examines the area to be sure there will be no witnesses to his crime. She is about a hundred feet away from her car when he decides to strike. She is taken by surprise as this strange man calls out to "hold up". As she turns to see who has called out to her, shes this dark figure appear from the shadows. He is a tall, muscular man and he his holding a gun in his right hand. "Don't move or you're dead" he says to her. Thinking to himself that he is going to have a good time with this one.

Little did he know, this seemingly helpless woman was not what she seemed. For she was armed with something much more dangerous than a gun. Just when he thought he had the upper-hand, that's when she reached into her pocket and pulled it out. It took him a second before he could identify what it was, she was now holding it in her right hand. An object so fierce and deadly, that it should be banned by every country in the world. "AN ASSAULT ROCK" he cried. Not any old assault rock, but a black tactical assault rock.

Unable to move, because he was terrified with fear. It seemed like slow motion as she brought her arm back and hurled the deathly assault rock at him. He fell backward as the rock stuck him square in the chest. The force of the impact was like that of Thor's hammer slamming into him. While on the ground, trying to catch his breath from the devastating blow he was just given, he looked up at the woman. She had changed, she was no longer the helpless girl he had thought, but now looked more like a vengeful Valkyrie. That's when she reached behind her back and with one swift move, she unsheathed her machete.

The light flickered off of the blade and it gave of a hallucinogenic shimmer that made the man think of the sword Excalibur. She pointed the machete at the man and said "Your gun is no match for my superior defensive weapons". The words hit him like a ton of bricks and just then he had an epiphany. He has been a bad man for too long and should make up for his sins. He begged the woman to let him live and promised to give up his bad ways. She agreed to let him go, then picked up her assault rock, and headed home.

On the drive home she thought about what just happened and her decision to carry a rock and machete instead of a gun. Who knows, if she would have had a gun, she may not have been able to defend herself.

The end.

when does it come out in paperback:s0155:

I didn't know felons could sell guns.. that's the only plausible explanation explaining her posit about rocks and machetes. What a freaking tard. It's kinda like "I ride a bike to save the planet!".. not because my DL was revoked because of twelve too many DUI's.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top