Rock River Arms
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Complete Rock River arms LAR15 lower. Comes with ALG defense ACt nickel Teflon trigger and with BCM lower parts.
pWS QD endplate.
Geissele Bolt catch.
Was assembled as a pistol lower. But can be configured as either pistol or rifle, and has a 6-position milspec buffer tube.
does not have a buffer or spring. A696F90C-E772-4A56-8082-95ACE8986755.jpeg

C2535C29-1BC8-4B0B-847D-31ADC171EC4D.jpeg

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Reactions
Was this sold commercially as a "Pistol" lower by a dealer, or is it something you made? If it was sold by a dealer as a "Pistol" lower, it can't be used as a rifle lower, unless it is re-designated as a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) and for me that's a headache. I found out the hard way, spending time and money on one already. And had to tear it down, and turn it back into a pistol. Something I have no interest in.

Pdxdead

Reactions
Was this sold commercially as a "Pistol" lower by a dealer, or is it something you made? If it was sold by a dealer as a "Pistol" lower, it can't be used as a rifle lower, unless it is re-designated as a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) and for me that's a headache. I found out the hard way, spending time and money on one already. And had to tear it down, and turn it back into a pistol. Something I have no interest in.
The fact that the laws are made in such a way that this is even an issue is bubblegumed up. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe that there should be some gun control. But the whole short barrel rifle tax stamp is just a screwed-up money grab in my opinion.

Reactions
The fact that the laws are made in such a way that this is even an issue is bubblegumed up. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe that there should be some gun control. But the whole short barrel rifle tax stamp is just a screwed-up money grab in my opinion.
I agree, but I built a rifle using a pistol lower, and was called on it by an FFL dealer. Then word came down at a Gun Show, where I was politely told I could not have it there for sale. I had to tear it down, to stay as a vendor both days. It's just me, I'm now a little "gun shy" when it comes to lowers. I'm about done with it all. But I broker and locate firearms for people.

OP
Khalsa
Reactions
Built by me

OP
Khalsa
Reactions
It was assembled from a stripped lower, using SB Tactical MIL-Spec receiver extension. Which came with a pistol brace, but is simply a 6 position tube, and BCM lpk, ALG Forward controls group. LMT trigger guard.

Reactions
Atf told me you can make a rifle into an sbr. But a pistol has to stay a pistol. Cannot be changed. I had a ak pistol I wanted to sbr. They said it cannot be done. I also know atf is all over the board with what they say and some days it’s just not even the truth.

Reactions
BATF is like what you say. They make a ruling one time, and change it the next. The information I was given by the Gun Show about the pistol lower to an SBR conversion is wrong. It has to stay as a pistol, as you mention from what I have found and read. Its all confusing. I never meant to create such a mesh about this upper. I just didn't want to go through it, if I bought it.

Reactions
Complete Rock River arms LAR15 lower. Comes with ALG defense ACt nickel Teflon trigger and with BCM lower parts.
pWS QD endplate.
Geissele Bolt catch.
Was assembled as a pistol lower. But can be configured as either pistol or rifle, and has a 6-position milspec buffer tube.
does not have a buffer or spring. View attachment 763975

View attachment 763970
Would you be willing to mail it to me in Washington State? I'll give you another $25 to cover expenses.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom