JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've not shot one but, I've read a lot of good reviews on the 9MM versions also. Was thinking of going this route sometime back when I was dropping down from the .45.
Let me tell you just what a soft shooter mine is. Very similar to a Glock 17L if you've shot one of those.

The Rock Island 1911s I have been ordering the last few months have felt tighter than anything shy of Ed Browns. For around $500 you can have a decent finish, skeletonized trigger and hammer, a 2.5# trigger and ambi safety. Just don't tell me they are made by prisoners of an oppressive regime bent on destroying American values, because turning my back on these will be hard.

As the only Former Commonwealth State of the United States that was granted individual sovereignty, I know for a fact that there is nothing but love for the main land CONUS. They had plenty of examples to copy specs from.

I have a RIA Compact 1911 9mm that is in rotation. Smooth shooter.

I was browsing at a gun shop in eastern OR a couple of days ago... the conversation turned to current "shortages".

The girl behind the counter said they got a RIA 45 in some weeks ago and she bought it before it got unboxed to go inside the showcase.

First of all... chicks who dig 1911 45s are HAF, maybe hotter even than one who can drive a manual.
Secondly, it tells you a little something about the maker's reputation.
Third... now we know why the cases are all EMPTY of decent handguns.

I've been looking for a decent 1911 and RIA has been on my radar.

Nice score on both gats. The Micro9 is a tempting target too.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Can't wait to shoot the RIA. But i said that about the new kimber custom 2 10mm I bought months ago. But the weather is cooling off and i am getting a itchy trigger finger :)

Rocks have nothing to be ashamed of. They're a decent combat pistol, and with just a little smoothing-up they'll shoot better than most people can take advantage of.
Keep the Parkerizing well oiled, it helps preserve the finish.

Nice looking pistols for sure.
I like the idea of buying a basic model...shooting it for awhile , then adding anything extra on it that you want.
Versus buying a pistol that comes with extras that someone else thinks you need or want.
Andy

Rocks have nothing to be ashamed of. They're a decent combat pistol, and with just a little smoothing-up they'll shoot better than most people can take advantage of.
Keep the Parkerizing well oiled, it helps preserve the finish.
And Rock Island Armory's service is excellent as well.
All-around great company.:s0155:

Have been looking at them, as well. The 45 Ultra FS has most all the goodies: lowered and flared ejection port, skeletonized trigger, slotted 'speed' hammer, fiber optic front, adj rear, beavertail w/palm pad, ambi safety, G10- stocks. Would cost a lot more to build one up.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 3.49.19 PM.png

Have been looking at them, as well. The 45 Ultra FS has most all the goodies: lowered and flared ejection port, skeletonized trigger, slotted 'speed' hammer, fiber optic front, adj rear, beavertail w/palm pad, ambi safety, G10- stocks. Would cost a lot more to build one up.

View attachment 741328

I used to have that very model.

Shot great and felt great in the hand. In comparison to my friends SIG 1911 this was by far better in grip and trigger imo.

Part of me wants a 1911 again but then I remember my old one just safe queened and range only.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top