JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok - dang near 'pulled the trigger' on a RIA 'Rock' series 9mm 1911 at lunch - but the day ain't over yet. Incredibly tight, great trigger, (series 70) and priced right - $499.
Ok I could probably search and find opinions about RIA but all owners please give me the 'down and dirty' on yours!

I had a RIA 22 tcm 1911. it was good quality, nice trigger, very smooth slide action.

Mass produced of course so you are not going to get hand fit parts so slightly loose tolerances. But $499 seems to be a good price

I've had a RIA M1911A1 in .45 ACP one since early 2007. It runs like a top and I have zero complaints with said. Back then, they were practically giving them away, cost-wise.

Was it a Commander, I'd buy it.
Although, there is HK 45V1 in the guns for sale here $580 at $81 MORE
If your RIA was full sized. Buy the HK
Buy the HK
BUY the HK

Just my .02

I have the RIA 1911 9mm Ultra - ROCK Ultra FS - 9mm | Armscor International, Inc

It is a sweet shooter! I love the pistol.
I looked at these long and hard and decided to go with the Ultra (sku# 51623) vs Standard (sku# 51632) because:
- Fiber optic front/adjustable rear sight vs standard sights
- G10 Grips vs rubber grips
- Flared Magwell vs none
- Cabela's carried the Ultra and I could get it even less than the Standard (buying locally or even online), by playing the price match/discounted gift cards/buying referral site games and getting it via Cabela's.

Even if you didn't want to play all the games at Cabela's, I think the Ultra is worth the extra cash for what you get vs the Standard.
Online, Grabagun and Tombstone Tactical seemed to have the best prices with lowest shipping fees.

The finish isn't the greatest, but it's still quite good (especially for the price); just not great.
I did find a few parts/pieces with rough edges and burrs. Very clear that they don't take a lot of time finishing the parts. I hit those parts with a fine jewelers file and some high grit sandpaper - ambi safety and slide stop lever come to mind.

I bought a few more of the Mec-Gar magazines - MGCGOV910AFC - and have had great luck with them in the Ultra.
A few hundred rounds down range and zero failures of any kind with the gun/mags.

I feel Rock Island is one of the better brands in the budget 1911 category. Not many offer a 1911 in 9mm making it an even more attractive option. And again as long as you go in with both eyes open and not holding it to an Ed Brown or Nighthawk standard, you will be very impressed...at least I have been. It's definitely a shooter!
Great pistol!

Last Edited:
Yep - this is the exact one I am looking at and and I am equally impressed.
The fit and finish is outstanding for a $499 gun.
Trigger is phenomenal and all other action similar.
Damn - I am talking myself into this!!

I never had a problem with mine. Ok, slightly crude compared to some hundreds $ more but I would pay $500 for a 1911 that works out of the box with no break in plus the new ones have a nice cerakote and better grips. Also mine worked with all mags from $9 surplus GI to everything in between.

Ok, slightly crude compared to some hundreds $ more
Maybe in finish only - metal fit and finish is really quite nice - and after a complete teardown & clean it is going to be quite nice.
DO I appreciate high quality guns and their finish? YES - Can I rationally justify a gun at double the price when it WILL be shot and carried frequently? I don't think so...

Don't have an RIA proper, but a Citadel, which I understand comes out of the same facilities and assembly line...

It's a compact, in .45 ACP, and it'll devour anything I feed it. Tight, accurate, darn good deal for the money.

@RVTECH go for it, you'll not regret it. Only regrets are the ones that we let get away..

My carry piece, while not an RIA 1911, is another of the clones, an ATI firepower Xtreme, and some of the older fellas I shoot with on occasion tell me it reminds them if their service pistols in varying branches. I believe this to be complimentary, as they often are using my pistol more than I am.

Yup, luv me some ATI... Upgraded rosewood grips... 6F87D5BA-ABB7-4BE3-BD9C-6B33C98CD058.jpeg

I'm normally not a 1911 guy but the newer XT22 line has really peaked my interest.

upload_2018-10-26_20-0-26.jpeg

I've also come very close a number of times, to buying their GI 9mm version.

upload_2018-10-26_20-1-21.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR