JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting my AR recently, It tried to shoot some Russian green lacquered ammo (Barnaul). What happened was the rims ripped, and the cases got suck, and the next round partially fed underneath the stuck case causing the rifle to jam (obviously). :s0077:

My question is, is this normally the case with Russian ammo? Or, is there something in the gun that I need to check? Or, both? Opinions and help please. :s0131:

What happens is that if the laquered case is left in a hot chamber the laquer will melt and then cool forming a glue like situation between your case and chamber. You can always ram it out with a cleaning rod. The issue is all in the ammo and is why most people stick with brass. However the 5.7x28 round that FN makes is laquer coated but must be higher grade as I've never had a problem in my PS90.

What happens is that if the laquered case is left in a hot chamber the laquer will melt and then cool forming a glue like situation between your case and chamber. You can always ram it out with a cleaning rod. The issue is all in the ammo and is why most people stick with brass. However the 5.7x28 round that FN makes is laquer coated but must be higher grade as I've never had a problem in my PS90.

Thats exactly it. My bushmaster hated it but i had a model one barrel that ate it fine

i read that barrels with tighter tolerences have more problems with it which explains why AKs can digest it with 0 problems .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top