JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 25 years ago I had an unlimited supply of pallets from work and a fireplace and outside "sit around fire pit container. So went to store bought a cheap Black & Decker 7 1/4 Circular saw to cut the wood. Used and abused the poor thing for at least a decade doing that. Then it sat around, often forgotten outside when I was using it. Rusted and beat up. Had an old side by side fridge I needed to get rid of before moving. I had used this saw with metal blades a few times in its life to cut up smaller fridges to dispose of them. Blade lock had long ago broken on saw but I could manage to get a blade locked on. Went to work on the huge fridge. Got about half way done. Had used up a couple blades. Finally got tired of the work to keep the damn blade tight. Even holding it with pliers shaft wanted to turn. So I finally ordered a new saw to finish the job and sent the 25 year old one to the land fill with parts of the refrigerator. As I tossed it I was thinking I bet the new one I bought will NOT live that long. I will be happy if I get 2 years out of it. :(

About 25 years ago I had an unlimited supply of pallets from work and a fireplace and outside "sit around fire pit container. So went to store bought a cheap Black & Decker 7 1/4 Circular saw to cut the wood. Used and abused the poor thing for at least a decade doing that. Then it sat around, often forgotten outside when I was using it. Rusted and beat up. Had an old side by side fridge I needed to get rid of before moving. I had used this saw with metal blades a few times in its life to cut up smaller fridges to dispose of them. Blade lock had long ago broken on saw but I could manage to get a blade locked on. Went to work on the huge fridge. Got about half way done. Had used up a couple blades. Finally got tired of the work to keep the damn blade tight. Even holding it with pliers shaft wanted to turn. So I finally ordered a new saw to finish the job and sent the 25 year old one to the land fill with parts of the refrigerator. As I tossed it I was thinking I bet the new one I bought will NOT live that long. I will be happy if I get 2 years out of it. :(
Is that you , Hacksaw Reynolds?

Why build something that lasts for 50 years with an unlimited guarantee when you can get John Q. Public to buy a new one every 2 years at a higher price, 30 day guarantee, and make more money? Profit has taken over pride of workmanship, quality, reputation. durability, and other good ol' fashion American values that made us #1. So many companies and products.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top