JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 25 years ago I had an unlimited supply of pallets from work and a fireplace and outside "sit around fire pit container. So went to store bought a cheap Black & Decker 7 1/4 Circular saw to cut the wood. Used and abused the poor thing for at least a decade doing that. Then it sat around, often forgotten outside when I was using it. Rusted and beat up. Had an old side by side fridge I needed to get rid of before moving. I had used this saw with metal blades a few times in its life to cut up smaller fridges to dispose of them. Blade lock had long ago broken on saw but I could manage to get a blade locked on. Went to work on the huge fridge. Got about half way done. Had used up a couple blades. Finally got tired of the work to keep the damn blade tight. Even holding it with pliers shaft wanted to turn. So I finally ordered a new saw to finish the job and sent the 25 year old one to the land fill with parts of the refrigerator. As I tossed it I was thinking I bet the new one I bought will NOT live that long. I will be happy if I get 2 years out of it. :(

About 25 years ago I had an unlimited supply of pallets from work and a fireplace and outside "sit around fire pit container. So went to store bought a cheap Black & Decker 7 1/4 Circular saw to cut the wood. Used and abused the poor thing for at least a decade doing that. Then it sat around, often forgotten outside when I was using it. Rusted and beat up. Had an old side by side fridge I needed to get rid of before moving. I had used this saw with metal blades a few times in its life to cut up smaller fridges to dispose of them. Blade lock had long ago broken on saw but I could manage to get a blade locked on. Went to work on the huge fridge. Got about half way done. Had used up a couple blades. Finally got tired of the work to keep the damn blade tight. Even holding it with pliers shaft wanted to turn. So I finally ordered a new saw to finish the job and sent the 25 year old one to the land fill with parts of the refrigerator. As I tossed it I was thinking I bet the new one I bought will NOT live that long. I will be happy if I get 2 years out of it. :(
Is that you , Hacksaw Reynolds?

Why build something that lasts for 50 years with an unlimited guarantee when you can get John Q. Public to buy a new one every 2 years at a higher price, 30 day guarantee, and make more money? Profit has taken over pride of workmanship, quality, reputation. durability, and other good ol' fashion American values that made us #1. So many companies and products.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top