JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor/

Jerry was a Rocket Scientist. Responsible, in part, for SDI - you may remember it better as "Star Wars"
He was also the Space advisor to the Republicans, especially Newt Gingrich, during Clinton's terms.

Jerry was also prolific writing Science Fiction and Fantasy.
Some of which, while fiction, can serve to formulate Prepper/Survival ideas.
See Fallen Angels
I do recommend Lucifer's Hammer and Footfall

I most recently read West of Honor, and Birth of Fire. There Will Be War (There Will Be War, #1) is on my list.

For many, many years I read him in BYTE magazine - Chaos Manor - and then on the web same name - link at top.

Jerry also happened to live next door to an actress - Amanda Fuller from Last Man Standing (season 2++)

Jerry was most recently at Dragon Con.

He was 84.

I read Lucifer's Hammer back in the day. He was a good author.

Sorry to hear of his passing. I've enjoyed his work, including in the computer science field (with contributions to Byte magazine), and elsewhere, and, of course, the classic Lucifer's Hammer. RIP Dr. Pournelle. Godspeed.

Well, SH*T!

I've read all of his books. I hit his web site regularly and was privileged to contribute occasionally. He was not just a scifi writer, he was a survivor, a man of wide and deep experience and still deeper wisdom.

Although this was not unexpected - Jerry had been in poor health for some time - it's still a blow.

We are diminished.

RIP, Jerry.. you will be missed!

upload_2017-9-9_6-28-53.jpeg

A most underrated SciFi author, one of the very best in my book! His books were especially readable, I didn't read them, I devoured them! A really smart and clever gentleman. RIP Jerry!!! :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top