JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been thinkig about this since yesterday, Since there is a lot of activity on this thread, I don't want to take away from IM's thoughts and prayers.

But if ever any of you folks need to talk, vent or just need a buddy during a low point in your life, seriously hit me up.
Lots of us folks on this forum can listen without judgement. Sometimes folks need to vent. We're all buds on this forum.. Id hate to see anyone choose this path again.

:s0101:
If I wasn't deaf as a stump on the phone I would offer my listening services but I do better with a one on one in a quite setting.:)

Seriously, please at least try to reach out if in need.

Yep it's a tough time but we have to keep going.
I lost my Daughter when she was 7 years old.
I think about it every day but I know that she was a fighter till the last second and that's the why I will go fighting till the end . that's what we do .WE FIGHT .and if you can't fight anymore .ask for help . someone will help you.

Sorry for your loss brother.

Yep it's a tough time but we have to keep going.
I lost my Daughter when she was 7 years old.
I think about it every day but I know that she was a fighter till the last second and that's the why I will go fighting till the end . that's what we do .WE FIGHT .and if you can't fight anymore .ask for help . someone will help you.

That's awful, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Some people loose the will to fight. It sounds like Iron Monster fought for all of his life and maybe lately just got worn out - I can't speak for what he went thru, I did not know him that well. :(

In the past, when I was younger, I didn't understand how people could be so down as to give up and end it - I thought that life, no matter how hard, was always better than the alternative, and I still mostly think that way.

My child suffers from a life threatening incurable disease that will someday probably take her life prematurely, possibly before I leave too, and it is hard for me to see her fighting it. It will be even harder if it gets worse, which it can at any time.

If that happens and I am still living, I would just not have much reason to do much of anything much less enjoy life as she is the primary reason for me to continue to struggle. I would just probably retreat from society altogether.

As I get older, and the physical pains get worse, and I am less capable of doing the things I enjoy, I can see how some people would just give up. If they have struggled much of their life, I can see how they would just get worn out and give up - unable to deal with emotional and/or physical pain.

I hoped I'd be able to pay my respects, but I couldn't find his resting place... The only thing I could think to do is stop by his shop. 839EC64C-FCE2-402A-981D-907EE8E9C5A9.jpeg
Empty... for sale sign in the window.
His new truck was parked on the carport of his house across the street but the gate was chained shut and nobody was around.
I was able to speak to an old fella that was driving down the ally..
Turned out to be a long time family friend of Larry's parents and knew Larry and his family well. He reinforced what I already knew...
Larry was a pillar of that community and the whole town greatly mourned his loss.
It was a surreal experience stopping there and seeing the void he left in person...
I'm kinda glad I didn't find out until I was mostly done with the trip... the whole thing took the wind out of my sails.
Between the pit in my gut and the lightness of my wallet I was inspired to point the car towards the shortest route home, and It wasn't much fun for my son after that.
Most definitely a wake up call to never assume your friends will be there tomorrow. I knew he had a lot of demons(monsters) causing him grief, but thought that with all the nearly impossible things he had overcome in the past, he had it under control. I assumed wrong on so many things and am left with a lot of regret. The only consolation is that my last text to him was an offer to drive out and blow up some tannerite or something if he needed a distraction... Wish he had taken me up on it.

Last Edited:
When I was piecing my AR together one part at a time, he sent me the flash hider for the cost of postage, wouldn't let me pay a nickel more.

I wish I had gotten an F-Bomb, but every time I shoot my AR from here on out, I will see that flash hider and I will remember his generosity.

RIP Larry.

I just realized that a while back I threw the last f bomb I had in with something I sold to somebody or something...can't remember who or when, but I assumed again I'd always be able to get more...
:s0054::s0054:
Bubblegum!
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum

Last Edited:
I remember after he helped @Mygrainman
Build parts Ed gun he posted something about getting devorced .and we all just kinda goofed around . with jokes like .
Welcome to the club BROTHER.
Mmmmmm who knew .then he didn't post very much then there was nothing now I'm really sad not very happy with this outcome

Just found this out and what a great loss. I did not know him except for reading his posts which where usually him offering to help someone, which says all it all. Depression is silent and I really hope that anyone that is suffering from it uses this forum for help. Many great folks here that will lend an ear, a hand or just about anything to someone in need, sucks to loose great people to this.:(

0D54A91A-20FB-4409-A4FB-056E3AA2A893.jpeg
.... Here's a little vid of IM and I testing the Rifle we built and gave away early this year

Larry is the shooter, and I'm the idiot behind the camera.

Strange that Sarge picked who the gun would go to and IronMonster donated a bunch of parts and helped me build it in his basement... making this a very, very special AR indeed!

Last Edited:
Yeah man, that's a keeper for sure!

@Mygrainman I personally appreciate you for stopping by his home town wanting to pay your respects and those of NWFA. Also for traveling that far to build a rifle for @partsed. That's what NWFA is all about.

Soooo........

I just realized that a while back I threw the last f bomb I had in with something I sold to somebody or something...can't remember who or when, but I assumed again I'd always be able to get more...
:s0054::s0054:
Bubblegum!
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum

I am offering my F Bomb to you Sir. You knew Larry better than MANY here and I think you should have it brother.

View attachment 486610
.... Here's a little vid of IM and I testing the Rifle we built and gave away early this year

Strange that Sarge picked who the gun would go to and IronMonster donated a bunch of parts and helped me build it in his basement... making this a very, very special AR indeed!
Thanks for posting that, I still have email with the video you sent me, but couldn't figure out how to attach it to a message. Every time I look at that rifle I think of Sarge-now I have someone else to think of........ :oops:

Thanks for posting that, I still have email with the video you sent me, but couldn't figure out how to attach it to a message. Every time I look at that rifle I think of Sarge-now I have someone else to think of........ :oops:

That sir, is a rifle for life. Make sure it goes to someone who will appreciate it as much as you do when that time has come.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top