JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone venture a guess how many ARs he inspired? It was one of his threads a couple years ago that got me interested in the 80% game. Of course I don't personally own any guns, but if I did there'd probably be 6 in my safe thanks to the tips I learned from him. And at least 7 more I could count in friends' and relatives' safes because I shared his tips with others.

Anyone venture a guess how many ARs he inspired? It was one of his threads a couple years ago that got me interested in the 80% game. Of course I don't personally own any guns, but if I did there'd probably be 6 in my safe thanks to the tips I learned from him. And at least 7 more I could count in friends' and relatives' safes because I shared his tips with others.
No doubt!

The man himself had a few!

arfamily-jpg.jpg

Damn, another sad loss for NWFA :( I can't believe he's gone. 47 is way too young for anyone to go. So sorry to lose a good member here. I never met him in person, but bought targets and an F Bomb from him. He was very nice to deal with. His discussions here on NWFA were always on point. He was an asset to this community. His loss will be deeply felt. My condolences to his family.

Let's tip one back in honor of Ironmonster tonight, if you're so inclined. And, if you're extra inclined, try his favorite - coke with peanuts. I tried it once. It's weird, but also kind of good.

I hope to meet him one day in glory.

As a side note, from the sound of the obit, it sounds like this was a suicide. As I recall, he had also lost a son to suicide. My wife lost her uncle to suicide, and I lost my best friend to suicide. Please, if you are thinking about this, know that there is help and folks that are willing to listen and offer help to you. Please ask if you need help.

I find it so sad that a man that made such an impact on SO MANY could find himself that lost and desperate.......

Very heart breaking. He had a lot of good comments on various topic's. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I hope his family can see in this thread on how much people on this forum thought about him. Most of us whom never met the guy.

Wish I could have met him. He seemed like such a good dude. It's a reminder that all of us need to hold those we love close. Hug them and love them, for tomorrow, who can say where we will be. RIP Brother. My condolences to those who were close to him for your loss......

Dayum

Last Edited:
What a loss for everyone involved, I hope that he knew how much his art/craft of metalwork, his selfless help of others with rifle builds and his opinions on life, firearms and all the other topics that are discussed here will live on for along time...

As a guy who never expected to see my 50th birthday (terminal S&W 686 expected) I have a little appreciation for those suffering from suicidal thoughts. You CAN NOT expect the suicide to ask for help! You need to risk all and sincerely ask if people are okay, and then LISTEN to what you hear. Asking a potential suicide to ask for help is like asking a dog to tell you when it's time to go. They can't and won't do it because they can't and because it exposes weakness and because they're supposed to be strong. Listen, really listen, and then risk all to make sure your friends are okay.

Ironmaster, I salute the strong feelings of love you've called forth from those who have known you. I hope to be as fortunate.

Oh No!!!!!! He was one of the good ones for sure. He was always free with his advice and inspiration, Helped me out a few times through PM, This is very sad news indeed. RIP IronMonster, Godspeed, and condolences to family and friends, (of whom there are a lot here). Even the tough guys succumb to the demons, always respect them and don't wait till later.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top