JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Rimfire Postal Match - July 2023

What is this all about?

This is a friendly neighborhood internet match. It's on the honor system.
Download the target from below; Print out the target; Place it at distance; Shoot it to the rules; Send 'er in. Best score wins!

Use any Rimfire .22LR Rifle or Pistol in your arsenal.

All targets must be posted within the match dates to be accepted.

Match Starts: July 1, 2023

Match Ends: July 31, 2023

This Month's match: Don't Count Yer Chickens!

Rules:

Whoever shoots all of the eggs using the **fewest** shots will be the winner!
  • All shots on paper counted to your total
  • Hits to chickens count as +2 (I made a typo on the Target - You've been Warned!)
  • Eggs not hit count as +2 per egg
  • RISK & REWARD: Target Distance is 25 yards. Subtract 1 round from score for each 25 yards you go back
  • Tip: Shoot overlapping eggs to kill 2 (or more) with one shot!
  • Put 1 Round as close to the crosshair as possible in the Tie Breaker box. In case of a Tie, whoever is closest to dead center will take it

After Shooting:

Mail Your Target Or Post Them to This Thread/PM me!

Mailing Address:

PO Box 4692
3530 Post Office Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112

DO use a standard letter and be cheap, it's a small box.

Winning Prize:

- 1 Month Gold Membership to the site
- Commemorative Trophy

Good Luck Everyone!

RimfireMatch_Target_072023.png

Last Edited:
I shot a 13 today at 25 yards. Missed one of the overlap eggs so had to shoot the one extra round. The good news is, if my tie breaker comes into play, I don't think I will lose.

I do realize that there is no way a 13 is going to win. :(

If I can find a place to shoot, I'll give it a try.

eta: My printer doesn't do borderless, so I can't print the image the proper size. Out.

Last Edited:
Only 101 degrees today but thank goodness we have a covered firing line.

Was a FUN target! The shot I expected to be the biggest challenge worked out for me. Course one of the others, not so much so :( . Now if I hadn't boo-boo'd on the tie-breaker...

Did I miss the mailing address somewhere?

Only 101 degrees today but thank goodness we have a covered firing line.

Was a FUN target! The shot I expected to be the biggest challenge worked out for me. Course one of the others, not so much so :( . Now if I hadn't boo-boo'd on the tie-breaker...

Did I miss the mailing address somewhere?
Nope. I'll have a P.O. Box by mid week and will update.

To all y'all having print issues - that's good feedback for me but also not something I can adjust for this month's target. I've been a photographer for some time and honestly just forgot that most printers don't go edge to edge. Do the best you can and I'll update my settings for next month.

(The image created for the target is 8.5x11 at 300ppi. You may have some luck stretching it to 105% in Word or similar and printing, knowing the edges will crop off. As long as you can see even a black edge bar at the bottom and that bar is 6" in length, the rest of the eggs will be proper size.

If the bar is anything less than 6"…well you're just having more fun aren't ya?)

Last Edited:
Was shown this challenge by a family member and figured that it was a good first intro to this forum.

Shot it clean first try at 25, and then threw the tie breaker shot slightly high 🤦‍♂️. Then shot it at 50 which didn't go so well. I may try to go out and shoot it again at 50 with some different ammo.

Was shown this challenge by a family member and figured that it was a good first intro to this forum.

Shot it clean first try at 25, and then threw the tie breaker shot slightly high 🤦‍♂️. Then shot it at 50 which didn't go so well. I may try to go out and shoot it again at 50 with some different ammo.
Welcome to the forum!

The comp isn't a "keep trying till you shoot a scoresheet you like" … it's a "print 1 out, shoot it, mail it" kind of deal so as to keep it fair.

We are just over half way through the month! Those holding off on mailing targets - apologies on the delay - finally have time to go get my PO Box today and will post asap.

You can also snap a high quality photo of the target and PM me it. Whichever is your preference.

Prize update:

Winner will be gifted a gold membership to the site for a month and will walk away with a one of a kind, unique, highly coveted, trophy from which all your pride may flow.

Mail your targets to:

PO Box 4692
3530 Post Office Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112

DO use a standard letter and be cheap, it's a small box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top