JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
looking at
You mean you want to try this sport? If so have you shot at all? If not the best place to start is trying. What I like or love may not be what would be your favorite. If you are new to this a range that has rentals makes great start. Some will let you rent multiple guns for a flat fee. FAR cheaper than buying, then finding out you like something else better. If you can find a place that does the match maybe see about going to one. Get to know others. Many shooters love to let others try what they have.

Ruger Mark 2/3 (mines 3 hunter)
Volquestern accurizing kit
Houge grip
+ a lotta people like red dots

IMG_3035.JPG

looking at getting a 22 or pistol. For local rim fire challenge matches. Thinking a Mark IV looking to see what others shoot Also sights and set ups
I love the MK's. The 4 is a GREAT invention when it comes time to clean. One of the great "upsides" to the MK series is they are like the 10/22. After market stuff galore. There is also a couple different grip angles. The "original" and the 22/45. A range that will rent is a great place to start. There is a LOT of great little .22's these days. Best to get one you like. Expensive to get one, then later find you like another. :)

I like the 22/45 great practice for big brother 1911. I'm old big advantage
for me is a dot sight. Ruger Mk 3, Volquartsen kit, with FF 3, S&W Victory with FF 2.
40 rounds each
DSC00207.JPG

Still shooting the same 106 series Hi Standard Supermatic Citation Military grip that I used for decades. It's got the 5.5" bull barrel, and muzzle brake with option barrel weights. There are still many around used, and they are better than most .22 semiautos on the market today.

I bought a Ruger MKIV Lite specifically for Rimfire Challenge. Haven't made it to an event yet, but it's quickly become one of my favorite handguns. I'll post a build thread on it soon.

Still shooting the same 106 series Hi Standard Supermatic Citation Military grip that I used for decades. It's got the 5.5" bull barrel, and muzzle brake with option barrel weights. There are still many around used, and they are better than most .22 semiautos on the market today.
Ditto, 93. That and S&W M41 is what we used at AMU in '69. Still have 2 Citations I don't use anymore because of eyes and shakes.

I bought a Buck Mark Camper UFX in December that I'm slowly outfitting for competition. It's a great little gun. Have had a little issues with light primer strikes, but a new titanium firing pin from Tandem Kross, should nip that in the bud:D

Technically my takedown rifles barrel on the takedown Charger receiver still qualifies as a pistol... I wonder if that would be accurate enough.

I have a lot of fun with my MK III 22/45 'tactical' and a red dot. It will do its part if I feed it quality ammo and hold steady enough.

Nothing fancy but it is accurate enough for my needs. Pictured next to a 1978 version.

IMG_0294.jpeg

Technically my takedown rifles barrel on the takedown Charger receiver still qualifies as a pistol... I wonder if that would be accurate enough.

I have a lot of fun with my MK III 22/45 'tactical' and a red dot. It will do its part if I feed it quality ammo and hold steady enough.

Nothing fancy but it is accurate enough for my needs. Pictured next to a 1978 version.

View attachment 552751
Larger sight picture for sure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews