JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a concealed carry holster for a revolver that isn't a "high ride", something that has the cylinder more in line with the belt than above it. I'm a large fellow and between the weight of the gun being up that high and my physique pushing out on it the grip sticks out too much. It's worse with a short barrel like this one as it's more top heavy. It's for a Taurus 617 which is a seven shot .357 that falls a little between a K and L frame, size wise. I've got a couple of K frame holsters that fit pretty good as they're pancake holsters and not super for fitted but they ride too high unless I carry further back than I like to.

Yes it's a taurus and no I'm not dumb :) Skagit Arms made me a package deal I couldn't pass up when I went in for an XD 45 and it shoots damn good with 158gr ammo and the timing and lock up are good.

I have a 617, which I carry in either a Bianchi 7/7L, leather belt slide, or a BladeTech kydex pancake holster. The Bianchi has the ability to present a forward cant to the revolver, which may help with the high-rise problem, and the BladeTech is fully adjustable. Good luck.

I don't buy into brand bashing. I own two Taurus' revolvers, both of which perform as expected. The only problem I've encountered with the 617 was during rapid firing it has had a tendency to lock-up, but that is a shooter's problem, not the gun's. I found when dry-firing, that I tended to short-stroke the trigger causing the lock-up. With proper trigger control, it works great.

This ISN'T what you are looking for but it should show you want you don't want from a brand:

Markings on holster:
Gould & Goodrich
Photo Aug 24, 7 43 02 PM.jpg
This is what I carry my GP100 3" around in OWB. Rides a "little" higher than I want but with my carry position it requires me to tuck shirt between grip and my jelly.

Of course it's also NOT an IWB.

If you want a deep IWB you probably should consider having one made from Kydex. Pretty simple for a maker to adjust the bury depth on that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top