JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a pickup bed tent off of Amazon to use in my utility trailer a couple of weeks ago and just now had time to set it up. I discovered that about 8" of the main seam was not sewn. Crap. So I immediately packed it back up and started the return process.

IMG_20200728_133222067.jpg

They are no longer available on Amazon, so I ordered another tent from another manufacturer that was $70 more and won't be here for another two weeks.

Now, I'm thinking about how relatively easy it would be to just take a needle and thread and fix the seam and second-guessing the decision to go through the hassle and extra expense of starting over. I didn't even finish setting it up as it was a PITA to try and set up and I discovered the flaw about 1/3 of the way into the process.

I'd have to go back out in 95 degree weather and start over setting it up to see if I even liked the design and to make sure the rest of the tent wasn't flawed and even worth keeping.

What would you do?

Know anyone with a sewing machine? Also wedding dress makers would need the work right now since all the weddings seem to be getting pushed.

I think I'll just send the defective one back. I liked the more expensive one initially, anyway and it had a bit more headroom. And it's a lighter color, so should be cooler for summer camping.

I figure if I just put up with cheap crap then the manufacturer won't learn their lesson.

I think I'll just send the defective one back. I liked the more expensive one initially, anyway and it had a bit more headroom. And it's a lighter color, so should be cooler for summer camping.

I figure if I just put up with cheap crap then the manufacturer won't learn their lesson.

You're a prime member ? Call them. You would be surprised at the latitude the reps have at giving account credit and stuff. Your more expensive tent may be less so after a single phone call .

You're a prime member ? Call them. You would be surprised at the latitude the reps have at giving account credit and stuff. Your more expensive tent may be less so after a single phone call .

^.This. In an era of pervasive, unbelievably bad customer service, Amazon has always been surprisingly helpful in making things right in our experience. (We live in the sticks, so order a lot of crap through said vendor, so did the Prime account thing a while back.)

Holy bubblegume! I hope she makes a good and fast recovery.
Thanks! She was trying to spray fly repellent on the mule's face and the mule stepped sideways on her foot, which caused my mom to fall over and break her arm. Mom is 72 and a cancer survivor, so not in the best of health already. But, farm girls never know when to slow down. Her and the old mule are a perfect pair, lol.

^.This. In an era of pervasive, unbelievably bad customer service, Amazon has always been surprisingly helpful in making things right in our experience. (We live in the sticks, so order a lot of crap through said vendor, so did the Prime account thing a while back.)
This has often shocked me too. Amazon has gotten so big that I have many times been shocked they still seem to care. So often a Co will get big and they start to treat customers as disposable. We buy from Amazon almost daily now. Once in a while when something goes wrong they still offer top shelf solutions. Many love to hate of the guy as he has more money than god now but, for me its al about the ease. When I need something its almost always there and they can have it at my door in a day. Normally if there is a problem at all it's the shippers and even then Amazon is top notch at making me happy. Win, win to me.

Thanks! She was trying to spray fly repellent on the mule's face and the mule stepped sideways on her foot, which caused my mom to fall over and break her arm. Mom is 72 and a cancer survivor, so not in the best of health already. But, farm girls never know when to slow down. Her and the old mule are a perfect pair, lol.
Sounds like one tough gal. Hope she heals up fast, sounds like she will. Best wishes to her!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top