JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
80% of all small businesses fail, taxes and fees guarantee it. These are well established and probably closing due to forced health care and higher minimum wage.

80% of all small businesses fail, taxes and fees guarantee it. These are well established and probably closing due to forced health care and higher minimum wage.

Wrong, they are closing because their stupid business model of accessing cheap financing to open too many outlets - which artificially buoys their stock - has hit the logical outcome - there are only so many customers who have less and less disposable income because wages are flat or declining.

Wrong, they are closing because their stupid business model of accessing cheap financing to open too many outlets - which artificially buoys their stock - has hit the logical outcome - there are only so many customers who have less and less disposable income because wages are flat or declining.

And people have less and less money due to obomacare. It has hurt the consumer and the business man making it such a drain on the economy they close the doors.

At this point my business pays half of what we did before Obama care. I'm still in favor of carrying the whole thing under Medicare, with full ability to enforce cost containment. Still I'm happy not to pay republican health instance rates right now.

At this point my business pays half of what we did before Obama care. I'm still in favor of carrying the whole thing under Medicare, with full ability to enforce cost containment. Still I'm happy not to pay republican health instance rates right now.

Are you getting a subsidy that gives you cheaper rates? Retired people I know are getting hosed with high premiums and ungodly deductibles. Friend has a $9000 deductible, but then he never did see that $2500 cost savings Obama promised.

Are you getting a subsidy that gives you cheaper rates? Retired people I know are getting hosed with high premiums and ungodly deductibles. Friend has a $9000 deductible, but then he never did see that $2500 cost savings Obama promised.

OK - now that my frail memory is jogged - We signed onto the health exchange last year. Without a subsidy, in 2014, going from a group health plan to individual plan with the same HMO (that shall be unnamed but formerly built steel ships) through Cover Oregon my premium went down 24%. Same yearly maximum out-of-pocket 2500.00, co-pays and pharmacy basically the same. This year, on the Federal Health Exchange (Cover Oregon having gone down the drain along w/Gov Kitz.), I got a subsidy making my premium 50% of what I was being extorted for in 2013. I will say that these SOB's were raising their premiums massively every year between 2010 and 2014.

OK - now that my frail memory is jogged - We signed onto the health exchange last year. Without a subsidy, in 2014, going from a group health plan to individual plan with the same HMO (that shall be unnamed but formerly built steel ships) through Cover Oregon my premium went down 24%. Same yearly maximum out-of-pocket 2500.00, co-pays and pharmacy basically the same. This year, on the Federal Health Exchange (Cover Oregon having gone down the drain along w/Gov Kitz.), I got a subsidy making my premium 50% of what I was being extorted for in 2013. I will say that these SOB's were raising their premiums massively every year between 2010 and 2014.

Lucky you, lots of people don't get half their premium paid. It's easy to see why so many stores are closing if they are being extorted the way you were. Being forced to buy health insurance is killing business because the insurance can name their price and you have to pay it. o_O

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Wife has been off work for health reasons for three years. Thursday they terminated her and her health insurance, which was costing us $370/mo. went to over $1,400/mo. (COBRA). Then on Friday she went in for an ultrasound at 8:00 am. At about 1:00pm the Dr called on my cell phone and told her that she most likely has liver cancer. Now waiting for hospital to call to schedule more tests. But, at least we can go on Medicare and get a supplement. For now though we'll pay the COBRA fee just to keep the same Dr's!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Wife has been off work for health reasons for three years. Thursday they terminated her and her health insurance, which was costing us $370/mo. went to over $1,400/mo. (COBRA). Then on Friday she went in for an ultrasound at 8:00 am. At about 1:00pm the Dr called on my cell phone and told her that she most likely has liver cancer. Now waiting for hospital to call to schedule more tests. But, at least we can go on Medicare and get a supplement. For now though we'll pay the COBRA fee just to keep the same Dr's!

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Sorry to hear about your bad situation, I hope your wife gets better. I do know what you are going through.:(

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter

So sorry to hear that Deen.
Our prayers are said for your wife that she gets through this.
That was bad timing. My wife gets Providence Advantage with her Medicare and it is only about 77 a month. Good ins too.
I have the VA and Medicare. But we had Kaiser for years and they wanted about that much before we finally turned 65.
I sure hope all works out for you and your wife. The Big C is a tough diagnosis to take.
Are you at the 65 mark yet ?

Deen_ad :Man that is hard news. My wife has stage 4 ovarian cancer. If you are paying that much out of pocket, can you get on the Exchange and find a better deal? Hope Medicare kicks in soon, it really helped my wife (who always had a different plan from mine).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top