JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shortly after reading an article about the air force "Brown Beret" Combat Aviation Advisors (a previously hush-hush unit within the 6th Special Operations Squadron), I found this article about a female Afghan pilot who'd reportedly been stoned to death by the Taliban. Whether quoted or misquoted, Mark Twain's words apply here: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

In actual fact, she had been spirited out of Afghanistan by an "American advisor" . . . likely to have been one or more of those Brown Berets. She is now planning to settle "somewhere in Oregon" along with her husband and daughter (who was born during that harrowing exodus from Afghanistan).

There's some stuff you just can't make up, even if the story seems like it should begin with "once upon a time".

"...female Afghan military pilot..."

I hadn't realized the degree to which we tried to practice social engineering over there until it all collapsed. No wonder we lost.

Priorities.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads