JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I received this this 2nd reply late last night from Senator Starr.

Dan,

I know we traded emails earlier today but I thought I'd expand a little more tonight.

I have no connection to any anti-gun group in state or out of state because I'm a supporter of your 2nd amendment rights. The information in the email that Dudley Brown sent out is just plain false. I don't support expanding background checks. It's the democrats in the state capitol that support regulating your guns not the republicans. Every Republican senator opposed these bills during last years session and I expect the same position from every Republican senator this year.

We have to get rid of the democrat majority in Salem, that's where the threat to our liberty resides not with members of the Senate Republican caucus.

It's too bad Dudley didn't call me or email me first.

Bruce Starr
[email protected]

I also received a more detailed reply later in the evening. And they're not canned replies either. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but the moment he says "aye" to any gun control I'll be standing on the streets of Hillsboro holding signs endorsing anyone that runs against him. I'd rather have an honest Democrat in office than a lying anything, not that an honest politician is easy to find.

Here is my response from him as well:

Thanks for your email. I oppose any legislation that will restrict your 2nd amendment rights including expanding background checks.

It's the democrats in the legislature that are trying to further regulate your guns. The 14 Republican State senators are united in opposition to the democrat gun regulation agenda.

Here's a recent Oregonian story where I am quoted.
Gun control: Sponsor of Oregon bill expanding background checks says it will pass in February | OregonLive.com

Thanks again for writing and God bless you too.

Best regards,

Bruce Starr
[email protected]
503-310-7500 direct

Prozanski, a gun owner, said 2,378 gun sales were stopped in 2012 after buyers failed a background check.

But felons who are denied a sale at a gun shop can find a private gun sale online or elsewhere to get around the requirements, Prozanski said.

“What we have is a gaping loophole that allows felons to getting easy access,” Prozanski said. “Who wants a rapist, a sex offender, a murderer or another felon to have easy access to guns when the law says they’re not supposed to have access to guns?”

You mean to say that its ALREADY ILLEGAL for a rapist, sex offender, murderer, or another felon to posses a firearm, and ONE MORE law will prevent them from getting them... When they already break the existing law(s) prohibiting them from getting them?

RIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHT...... :s0002: :bsflag:

More

Salem lawmakers are just one vote shy from passing key parts of billionaire-playboy ex-New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun agenda, and that gun-grabbers are desperate to find a weak-kneed Republican to cave.

Bad news: They may have found one.

Right now, all eyes are focused on Republican State Senator Bruce Starr (R-15), who may be preparing to betray gun owners by backing Bloomberg's anti-gun agenda.

That's because Senator Starr told constituents at a recent town hall meetings that he's looking at expanding background checks, so that you can't sell your gun without the government's permission.

Give him a call at 503-986-1715.

Urge him not to cave to Bloomberg's anti-gun agenda, and insist he publicly promise to vote against all anti-gun bills, including the expanded or universal background checks and gun registration scheme.

Betsy Johnson, a democrat, is once more not caving, she is voting NO!
She called me to say that the Bloomberg money will not affect her vote. Even though the Guv and sec of state have Gerrymandered her precinct she is still with us gun-totters.

It also sounds like he answered it himself rather than sending out a form letter or having a staff member answer it.That's good news, I think. It's probably short and terse because he is getting bombarded with emails.

If he sounds a little irritated it is probably because of NAGR misrepresenting his position without so much as checking with him. He gave a no nonsense, no wiggle room answer. I like it.

Even when they Gerrymandered her district. Too bad Repugs can't read, I explained this rather well.
Oh well, fighting Commies make some feel much better IMHO.
Thanks Drew for understanding what I wrote.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top